*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965615-Caged-XVII
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #2199873
This is a legacy first edition self-published Nov 2011. I was only 15 years old back then.
#965615 added September 5, 2019 at 6:16am
Restrictions: None
Caged. (XVII)
Caged. (XVII)

Roars of agony and growled cries of pain started to echo across the meadow from Infernal dragons being awoken to an unexpected cruel fate, while the loud firing catapults fired mercilessly upon the most seen caverns and whistling over-sized arrows firing from the Ballista’s. All the noise that was made has awoken Korvi from her forced cold slumber. A strong wave of throbbing mental pain washed through her head, keeping her eyes tightly closed to wait for the weird feeling go away. She has never felt pain before, and the first thing she has noticed, that it hurts. Opening her eyes slowly as the throbbing pain lightly faded away, she squeaks in fear and sudden shock. There around her were strange creatures she has never seen before, that walked on two legs, and were covered in dirt stained metal.

“Shaaol!!”

Korvi cried out, standing up and attempted to move forward in the cage, but to her surprise she couldn’t. Two short chains with a strong clamp clasp were attached to both her hind legs around the ankle. Letting out another squeak, Korvi sniffled as she desperately pulls and struggles against the chains uselessly. It was no use. She was trapped. Korvi felt her eyes water with sadness and fear, calling out

“MUUM!”

One of the soldiers near Korvi’s cage turned to look at her, having a mean frown look on his face.

“Shaddup yer growling ya stupid beast!”

The guard spoke in an uncaring, rather bored tone. Korvi sniffled, confused and didn’t understand but noticed well the mean tone he gave her. A few minutes after that said Korvi heard a low groan. Looking to her left side she saw another cage, seeing Shaol inside lying down slumped over. Shaol groaned as he opening his eyes, blinking a few times before whimpering, feeling the same pain of a throbbing headache that Korvi had felt when she first woke up. As Shaol slowly sat up, he felt his body sore, as if he fell down roughly.

“Korrvii…”

Shaol mumbled out with a low tone.

“Whaa happen?”

Shaol questioned after his mind cleared a little. Korvi looked in Shaol’s direction, whimpering. A great sorrow and fear was shown deep in her azure blue eyes. Her eyes started to water more with worry and fear.

“I donts knooows..!”

sobbed Korvi as she started to cry.

“I said Shaddup!! Whiny little bitch!”

The one same guard spoke out in a angered tone whine pounding a fist against Korvi’s cage, causing her to whimper more but quieter. Even Shaol now started to tear. They were scared, and not even together in the same cage, and their parents were not with them, two yearlings of one cycle of age, alone, captured and caged, forced to watch the destruction of their home without even knowing who or why it is being done… All they could do was to sorrowfully watch as the soldiers all around were attacking, completely unprepared, the Infernals were not ready for an invasion in the middle of Star-fall.

“Shaaol… I is scareds…”

Korvi whispered silently, trying to keep herself quiet so the mean scary guard didn’t yell at her anymore.

“Me too… Korrvi…”

Shaol replied nearly just as quiet, feeling panic inside spread as the destruction amongst the meadow continued.

© Copyright 2019 Shaolth (UN: shaolth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shaolth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965615-Caged-XVII