*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965640-For-Sale-Sign
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#965640 added September 5, 2019 at 9:07pm
Restrictions: None
For Sale Sign
The house next to me is for sale. This is curious. The folks just moved in and are renting. So how does this work? You just signed a lease with your sister-in-law. You spend your last dollars fixing up the house and have moved here from another state, The kids enroll in school, the husband finds a job, the wife is now a waitress at the greasy spoon in town, and the dogs bark all day because they are left alone. There is a broken down car in the back yard, a broken down truck sits next to it, and then there is the old bathtub sitting by the front porch. Personally, I think they look like something like the "Grapes of Wrath" folks. You remember that movie of the down and out folks. Nice as can be but somehow things just don't work out for them.

So I wish them well, have taken over tomatoes from my garden and wait for the other shoe to drop, as they say. But it is all about the devil you know. I have just gotten used to the chaos next door. What will happen next is what I am thinking. Perhaps we should buy the house and tear it down. Then we would have an nice double yard.



© Copyright 2019 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965640-For-Sale-Sign