*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965820-Inter-dimensional-Portals
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(116)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #1149750
10k views, 2x BestPoetryCollection. A nothing from nowhere cast words to a world wide wind
#965820 added September 8, 2019 at 11:29am
Restrictions: None
Inter-dimensional Portals
You know that scene where the protagonist approaches a scattered group of people with contemptible looks and he/she tries to walk past? They passive-aggressively snort derision, violently shoulder bump, or/and shove the misunderstood hero in the back? The protagonist seems confused or knows there is a misunderstanding, or worse, he's done something he shouldn't have or can't undo. But, well meaning, he's just trying to be himself. And in the PC world we live in today it's all about co-exist. And, in these scenarios, the antagonists may have been mislead or misinformed -- a group of puppets that act out, rail against when their leader incites them.

As the story goes, fewer people want to take up the cause for the raging group. Some question authority and suffer being ostracized or worse consequences, which means nothing to those coalescing evilly against the protagonist. They use too much force; innocent people get hurt. The protagonist sees this and has options.

He's a coward if he leaves the situation, knowing the group will hurt more people. He's powerless to stand up against them, because he needs that one thing from an exiled member or one authority to realize a miscarriage of justice. Often, that is not enough. We think, the protagonist has to die valiantly taking justice in his own hands. As an audience, we have a blood lust of our own that needs to be sated.

Well, I'm too old for that. We need a new ending. And, it's boring. Everyone shakes hands and decides to be friends. The world is dying. We don't need war. We need to save this planet before it's too late.

I think I just took the story back to act two. Hmm. Funny how these inter-dimensional portals function.

© Copyright 2019 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/965820-Inter-dimensional-Portals