*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
15
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966052-Accentuated
by Ned
Rated: 13+ · Book · Entertainment · #2199980
Thoughts destined to be washed away by the tides of life.
#966052 added September 12, 2019 at 7:57am
Restrictions: None
Accentuated
I got an email today from an online furniture retailer which encouraged me to consider "accent chairs". This intrigued me. What sort of accents would these chairs have? Or would they alter the accent of the occupant when sat upon? I could not resist, so I clicked on the link.

I will admit that many of these chairs had accents far too posh to be in my house. They would look at the state of the rest of my furniture and refuse to speak, of that I am sure But others had me scratching my head. The cow chair, for instance, upholstered all over in brushed black and white Holstein. I guess the accent is "bovine", and perhaps it is easy to Moo-ve (okay, groan).

There was one chair that had me completely puzzled, however. It appeared to be made from the twisted and gnarled branch of a very old tree. I looked at it from all sides (thanks to the 360 function on the website's photos) and for the life of me, I could not figure out where one sits. What I do know is that it looks ridiculously uncomfortable. It is available from the company called - wait for it - Loon Peak *Shock2* ! for a little over $5,000 (marked down from $12,000).

I decided that accent chairs are not for me. Nothing can tie my decor together, it isn't meant to have a theme. If I go furniture browsing again, I shall look in the "ugly-but-comfy" section.


© Copyright 2019 Ned (UN: nordicnoir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ned has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966052-Accentuated