*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966125-True-Friends
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#966125 added September 13, 2019 at 1:15pm
Restrictions: None
True Friends
How have your friendships with other women inspired you, or helped you to become a better you?

-----

First, the only person that can really make me better is me alone.

Then, while raising one of my sons, having dealt with what bad friends could do to a person, I do understand and appreciate the value of this question and the value of truly fine and moral friends.

I am careful with friendships, even though I am friendly with almost anyone, except the crooked people who act nice and call me on the phone as if they are from Medicare, which again happened a few minutes ago. You won’t believe how rude I am to such people.

My rule number one: A good friend will never force you into anything you don’t want to do, even if he or she detects danger.

Rule number two: A good friend will not encourage you if you are doing something wrong or hurtful to anyone else.

That just about covers it, with a few amendments here and there.

Having said all that, a good friendship has nothing to do with gender. It isn’t only the women who have made my life fuller. I have had and still have man friends who made much better friends than any she-friend I had.

In short, I think a true friend accepts you as you are, understands your life and work and what you have done so far, and hopes the best for your future.

© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966125-True-Friends