*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966845-Farm-and-This-Too-Short-Life
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#966845 added September 26, 2019 at 10:24pm
Restrictions: None
Farm and This Too-Short Life
Prompt: Have you ever visited a farm?

---

Yes, I lived on a small farm as a guest for a short time when I was in my teens. I remember well the he-goat, the tough guy of the area, who chased me around. The whole thing was really funny because I don’t run away from animals and I thought he was cute, but the owners always rushed to whisk me away since that goat had hurt several people and would probably do it again. The only people he didn’t chase was the husband and wife team of owners.

The chickens were cute, and so were the sheep. What I liked most though was to sit under the fruit trees and read.


Mixed flowers in a basket


Prompt: "Life is too short to not have oysters and champagne." Chris Binkley What are your thoughts about this quote?


Is that so? I mean champagne is okay, but I am not too keen on oysters. I’d rather have a cup of tomato soup and a grilled-cheese sandwich.

Metaphorically speaking though, I agree that life is meant to be enjoyed to the best of our abilities, without hurting anyone and without creating unpleasantness.



© Copyright 2019 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966845-Farm-and-This-Too-Short-Life