*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966946-Elizabeth-Warren-Go-Bold-or-Go-Home
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2197985
updates to my blog, https://theworldaccordingtocosmos.com containing my latest stories
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#966946 added September 29, 2019 at 3:39am
Restrictions: None
Elizabeth Warren Go Bold or Go Home
Elizabeth Warren Go Bold or Go Home

Joe, Either Go Bold or Retire!
Go Bold or Go Home!
Cosmos’s 2025 Predictions


elizabeth Warren's web page


I am writing to you to offer you my advice for winning the nomination and the Presidency. In a nutshell, you have to offer a bold progressive vision that will excite not only your base, but the entire country and change the direction of the U.S. This campaign has to be about competing visions and yes about how to restore American greatness. An optimistic vision is the key. People are tired of anger, and despair and pessimism. If you just campaign on how bad Donald Trump is, you will lose. And we can’t allow that to happen. The future of the world and the U.S. lies with you. I sincerely hope you won’t blow it. I hope you take my advice to heart. You may be our best choice to take down Trump and Trumpism for good. You go Girl.! here’s how to do it.

I retired from the U.S. State Department in 2016 after 27 years of service. I grew up in Berkeley went to college at the University of the Pacific and graduated from the University of Washington (MA Korean Studies, MPA). I also served in the Peace Corps in Korea. I have been to 50 states and 45 countries. and I too am part Cherokee and have distant relatives in Oklahoma.

Don't Repeat Hillary's Mistakes

Hillary’s biggest mistake was in my view making it all about how bad Donald Trump is, and not giving the voters a real sense of where she wanted to take the country. And in an age where the voters were ready for a big change to the status quo, being the establishment candidate was the kiss of death. Not to mention she refused to compete everywhere. And allowed Donald Trump to paint her as “crooked Hillary” and as too much part of the establishment which the public rightly distrusted so much. Donald Trump hit a nerve. the system was indeed rigged against the average Joe and the vested interests controlled the politicians. The public said, Screw the system lets go for the bomb thrower. and that is how we got Trump.

She could have picked Bernie Sanders as her running mate, and perhaps defeated Donald Trump. In the end she won where it did not matter and did not compete where she should have competed. and she never overcame the impression that she was the status quo candidate and the establishment’s favorite. You have to be a real outsider, and a real shall I say it revolutionary.




Restoring the old status quo will not work.

That is why I am supporting you vis Joe Biden. Joe Biden is the establishment’s guy. You have to be the establishment’s greatest threat as well as the greatest threat to Trump and his evil cohorts. And Bernie, comes across too much as an angry old man. We already have that in Donald Trump. The voters will ultimately be turned off by Bernie’s anger. The other candidates all have something to offer but for some reason are not taking off. You have momentum building and perhaps it is your time to step up to the stage and become a giant killer and kill Trump off politically. The stakes are that high as you know.

So, in this upcoming election you have to tell the voters why you are so much better for them and the country than Donald Trump. It will not be enough to run against the Donald. People have to want to vote for you. Your experience counts for a lot but it is not enough. Your age is the same as Donald’s so that is a wash.

Let Donald Trump Be Impeached and Self Destruct

I would not waste too much time on impeachment. let the process play itself out. Donald Trump may self-destruct anyway. You don't need to do too much other than let him self-destruct. If he somehow survives, mock him constantly and challenge the Republicans for the craven support of the Conman Don.




GO BOLD OR BE RETIRED

The times cries out for bold progressive challenges and for fresh thinking. You have three strikes against you. First, your age, second your gender and third your past experience as a college professor. Can’t do anything about the first two, but you can run as a can do moderate progressive who knows how to get things done. The key is to make bold achievable goals. Then resist the temptation to campaign against Donald. The best thing we can all do is to mock him, and tell him time to retire, Grandpa Trump. Go home and play golf, we are tired of your rants, your incoherent tweets, your chaos. We need someone to clean up your messes. I’d start calling him Conman Don, or Loser Don, that will get under his skin and make him make mistakes which you can and should exploit…Make people want to vote for you as they share your vision of the possible future and make people feel that conman Donald Trump is indeed a conman looser who is not fit to be re-elected. .

Here are my suggested policy proposals.

I would put forth a series of comprehensive bold future-oriented policies and reiterate them every chance you get. You could call them Elizabeth’s Plan for the Future of America, or something along those lines. Maybe

“Let’s Boldly Go into the Future,”

“Make America Work Again”

“Rebuild America”

“Let’s Restore the American Dream’

But be big, bold, brassy, optimistic and challenge your opponents to produce a better plan or shut up and work with you to solve the nation’s problems.

Don't Play Donald's Game - Don't Take the Bait

Don’t take whatever bait Trump throws out at you. Ignore his daily tweets. Let him destroy himself. He may be impeached or even removed from office or die of an heart attack. Just ignore him and play your own game. That’s the key to handling Trump. Ignore him, mock him, challenge him on how his plans will make America great. But play your game not his game.

Call for Free College Education Coupled with National Service Requirements.

Call for all Americans to serve three years in public service either in the military or in the government or NGO sector and in return, they will get four years of college paid for. For recent , they can serve and get their college debt forgiven. To those who say we can’t afford this, say we can’t afford to continue to put our college students in crippling debt they cannot afford. And everyone, especially the rich, should shoulder the burden of national service. and point out that shifting to a mandatory national service requirement would save the Pentagon money on salaries. the cost would be modest - minimum wage, housing, medical care and college tuition after their service. People would serve between age 18 and 25 one year of training and two years of service, with an optional second enlistment. Those who complete six years will get six years’ worth of tuition.

Also talk about how this would allow college to be truly affordable for all, and would eliminate crippling college debts. Students will gain solid work experience in service, travel, and training. the training could be transferred into college credit making college shorter perhaps three years instead of four for most people. And most importantly, shared national service will help restore America’s sense that this is our land, this land belongs to everyone. The rich and the poor alike. We are all in this together. We have lost sight of that. The military has become an army of paid mercenaries recruited from the lower classes. If everyone serves, there will be less temptation to send troops into harms way. This will be a win- win for everyone except for the student loan vultures.

I would bring most of the troops home and station them along the southern border where they could be used to help bolster border security, and assist as first responders to natural disaster. Sell this as a real border security not the fake wall fantasy that Trump is selling.

I would also call for two new national service academies to be set up. One would be for diplomatic and intelligence service, the other would be for law enforcement. These academies like the military academies including a coast guard academy, and beefing up the maritime service academy, would take only those who finished their military basis service. this would be a great way to restore our diplomatic corps and intelligence services as well as our law enforcement personnel.

Benefits of National Service

The service requirement would be managed by the corporation for public service which would also manage the Peace Corps, VISTA programs and teach for America which would all qualify as qualified national service.

Regarding the Peace corps, and the other volunteer service opportunities, set it up that people would do their college service, then do the peace corps afterwards. they would receive college tuition etc while attending college.

Most people will start college, or tech training institute, then do military or other service, and then return to college to finish their college. That is fine. Ensure that colleges will not only accommodate that but will also offer college credits for military and other on the job training acquired during national service. This would also cut the cost of college attendance for most people to a manageable three years instead of four to five years. And of course, ensure that people can go to technical training institutes instead of a traditional college as we really need to grow the next generation of technical workers as well.

After finishing basis service, those who wish to make a career of it could compete to become an NCO or an officer, and resume service after finishing college. And/or compete to enter government service for the Federal government or state and local government as well.

Call for The Green New Deal

Point out time and time again China, Germany, and other countries are building the green energy resources of the future while the U.S. which invented green energy is moving back to the 19th century. We invented green energy technology! And we should be the world’s leaders in making the transition to a green energy economy. Talk about jobs this will create, and talk about saving the world from the ravages of climate change. be bold call for a moonshot approach to building a completely green energy economy within ten years.

When critics say we can’t afford this, tell them we can’t afford to ruin the world for our children’s future. We can’t afford to continue burning fossil fuels. Climate change is real and the U.S. must lead the way forward. We should be the world leaders! That is what great nations do, lead the world in embracing change, in embracing the promise of the future. We can do no less. And when Trump and other climate change deniers talk nonsense, call them on their BS. Ask Trump doing the debates how does he know that climate change is not real? Has he ever studied climate change? Does he have a PHD in science? Is he smarter than 99% of the world’s scientists? Throw it at him, make him out to be the ignorant tool of the fossil fuel industry that he is. When he talks about bring back coal jobs, challenge him. Why would anyone want to work in a coal mine? It is dangerous work, and the mines are played out. We can transition the miners to new energy jobs that pay better, and are so much safer for the workers and the environment. If he goes on about wind power, point out how absurd his arguments are and how he does not know what he is talking about.

Call to Fix Obama Care

Point out time and time again that we still have a broken down too expensive too burdensome a health care system. Point out time and time again that we have the most expensive system in the world yet we are about 25th in terms of health care outcomes. No one in this land should fear going bankrupt if they need to get medical care. We can do this right and we must do it right.

I would acknowledge that Obama Care is not perfect and that if you had a chance to re-do it you would make it much less bureaucratic and less burdensome. But be proud of what the democrats accomplished. Promise to fix it and make it work.

One potential fix would be to open the Federal Health Care system to anyone who needs insurance and continue to provide subsidies to keep the premiums down.

Another option would be an expansion of Medicare so it covers about half the country

I would not make Medicare for all the goal for now. it is a step too far and too disruptive a change, and opens you up to all sorts of nonsense about socialism etc. .

I am a social democrat not a socialist

When the republicans attack you saying you are socialist, respond that you are a social democrat you want to make the system work for everyone and that you are in favor of capitalism as long as capitalism works for the people

When they say you want to turn the US into something like Norway, admit it. Say the European counties have got it right. No one in Europe goes bankrupt because of an illness, and everyone can afford college. What the hell is wrong with that? Why would you want to continue the health care system that is not working and the college debt trap?

When they say you want to turn the US into a Venezuela laugh at them. That is absurd on so many levels. Norway is not Venezuela. America is a capitalist society and there is nothing wrong with that but capitalism has to work for the people.

When Republicans proclaim that they will repeal Obamacare and replace it with something, call them on their bulls***. Demand to know the plan now or tell them to shut up and work with you to fix Obamacare.

if you do this right this could be a winning issue. But again, I’d avoid getting into the Medicare for all trap that the Republicans will try to push you into. And to avoid getting painted as out of touch socialist who will destroy the American way of life.

Call to repair our alliances

Declare that our allies are our allies and our friends and we will work with them to solve the world’s problems and restore American leadership. We will rejoin the Paris Climate Change and work to make sure it works. We will rejoin the Transpacific Partnership. We will treat China and Russia as rival powers, cooperate where we can, but stand up to them and make sure that their aggression does not stand.

Offer a New Deal to North Korea

We will continue to negotiate with the North Koreans, offering them a way towards reunification with South Korea and rejoining the world economic community. You can damn the President here with faint praise. Say that it was good that he took the initiative to break the log jam and talk to the North but due to his inexperience and his naivety he was unable to make a deal. You can finish the job.

Offer to Talk with The Iranians

Tell the Iranians we are ready to talk with them and want a new deal that would benefit them and the U.S. along the lines of what we are offering the North Koreans.

Bring the Troops Home

I would call for most U.S. troops to return to the U.S., where they will be posted along our borders and serve as adjunct border patrol agents and first responders as part of their mandatory new national service. Again, paint this as better way to ensure border security that the President’s absurd wall.

this would also involve cutting military spending, including privatizing the commissaries and PX systems. there is no real why the military should continue to run the 8th largest grocery chain in the world when the private sector can and should take on that responsibility. There are many other areas where the military budget can be reformed saving money.

Rebuild America

I would gradually reduce military spending and devote resources to rebuilding America’s crumbling infrastructure. This must include high-speed trains, and must include perhaps hyperloop technology or Maglev trains? And the next generation of airplanes as well. We must rebuild our mass transit systems. We must embrace the development of driverless vehicles.

Challenge the Republicans on their “you are weakening national security” BS. When the Republican scream you are weakening national security call them out on their BS.

Ask them how repositioning troops to help deal with national security issues at home weakens national security? How does going to universal military service weaken national security? How does getting out of endless wars weaken national security? How does closing a few bases in Europe weaken national security? Or closing a golf course? Or a commissary? Point out that we already spend more on national security than any other nation on earth. How does rebuilding America’s failed infrastructure weaken national security? Challenge them to produce a better plan.

Call for Comprehensive Immigration Reform

Start by acknowledging we need to improve security at the border but the wall is a waste of time and money that will not solve the problem. We need a comprehensive 21st century immigration policy that balances the need for continued immigration with the need to ensure that immigrants contribute to our country and enrich our country as they always have and always will. One area that I agree with the President on is that we should eliminate the F4 sibling visa category. Unlike the President though I would grandfather anyone in line and let them immigrate within two years then shut down this category entirely. I would also change the system so that prospective immigrants have basic English language skills. If you require it, they will learn English before applying and that would be better for them and the country. Finally, I would increase the number of skilled immigrant visa slots. I would cut the number of visa categories making the system much simpler. For non-immigrant visas there should be the following categories

Tourist/business visitors

Student and exchange visitors

Diplomatic visas

Temporarily work visas

All the various non-immigrant categories should be subsumed under one of these four rubrics.

For immigrant visas, I would shift to two categories – family based and employment base. I would eliminate the country by country preference system and allow as many immigrants to immigrate per year as warranted. The process should be streamlined so anyone who qualifies can immigrate within one year of applying providing that they speak English, have the required employment background or family relationship. Making a fraudulent application should result in a ten year ban on travel to the U.S. I would eliminate the Diversity visa lottery entirely as well. I would eliminate the public charge ineligibility but require family members to be financially responsible for immigrants once they arrive in the U.S.




I would also merge the consular service of the State department and the immigrant service of DHS into a new cabinet level department of immigration and consular services. The current system of three different agencies handling immigration is part of the broken system.

Challenge the Republicans to come up a better plan and work with you to implement it.
Call for A Return to Space Including Lunar Colonies and Martian Colonies

It is time for the U.S. to lead the world again in space exploration. Offer to lead the way in building lunar and Martian colonies with the participation of the world’s other space powers.

Call for The Legalization of Marijuana, Emptying the Prisons of Marijuana Offenders

End the endless war on drugs. Repeal marijuana prohibition. Empty the prisons of marijuana offenders. End the private prison for profit system. End the prison pipeline that sweeps up brown and black youths and sucks them into prison for life. Reserve prisons for the most dangerous offenders, all other prisoners should be sentenced to community service, drug treatment or other non-prison sentences. Use the money saved by closing prisons for rebuilding infrastructure.

Gun Control

I like your gun control proposals. It is a step forward. Continue to push for universal background checks.

Fully Support LGBT rights
Fully Support the religious freedom of all Americans including non-believers
Call for a Return to traditional American civil norms that Trump has so badly damaged
For VP Pick a Hispanic man

It is important that you pick a minority as your VP and pick a male as well to balance the ticket. Juan Castro would be a good pick, Major Pete perhaps, Beito perhaps, Cory perhaps. I would not pick Joe Biden = - he is really past his prime so to speak. Pick someone who can appeal to the minority voters, and pick a male VP. I think a two woman ticket might be a step too far.

You get my point by now. Be bold, inventive, optimistic, full of hope and energy and you will prevail. Make people share your bold vision. Be cautious, small-minded, narrowly focused, and all about how bad the Donald is, you will lose.

My advice, to sum up, is to make this a campaign about the future and your vision of the future. Paint your opponent Donald Trump as yesterday’s candidate, and mock him, calling on Grandpa Trump to retire to Florida and play golf. Depict him as senile, out of touch, and focused on returning America to the 19th Century. And call for progressive bold new ideas for the future of America. Be optimistic, be full of hope and good will.

In short,

Elizabeth

GO BOLD OR be forced to retire and go home.

Sincerely
Jake Cosmos Aller
703-436-1402
Jakecaller@gmail.com
https://theworldaccordingtocosmos.com

© Copyright 2019 JCosmos (UN: jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JCosmos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/966946-Elizabeth-Warren-Go-Bold-or-Go-Home