*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/967520-THE-BIGGEST-COMPUTING-MILESTONE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#967520 added October 9, 2019 at 12:22pm
Restrictions: None
THE BIGGEST COMPUTING MILESTONE!
THE BIGGEST COMPUTING MILESTONE!
I had to write about this because so few mainstream media outlets have failed to cover this story, which is the biggest computing milestone in the history of humanity, with game-changing implications for the future of the human race. Now that’s a big statement, but worth considering. I mostly write speculative science fiction and this is right up there nudging at everyone’s belief horizon, including my own.

Google has claimed to have developed technology called “Quantum Supremacy,” which means the end of encryption security for cryptocurrency, military, finance and personal communications. If true, that’s HUGE!

What bothers publishers the most is that this would make cryptocurrency obsolete. That’s a very scary implication. If you research the quantum tech, the possibility is very real that quantum computing makes classical cryptography obsolete for mathematical reasons.

I can’t explain it more than—even if Bitcoin doubled the number of bits used in its encryption algorithms to 512, quantum computers simply need to increase their qubits to 512 to be able to break all the Bitcoin encryption in about the same amount of time the encryption required (which is almost no time at all).

And note that IBM, Google, Microsoft, Nokia, D-Wave, Alibaba and others are relentlessly pursuing quantum computing breakthroughs. Consider a Ten to the power of 8 (i.e. 10^8) is of course 100 million times faster than a classical computational core such as the one powering your computer. And this was over 3 years before the “quantum supremacy” announcement by Google a few days ago.

The explanation of this really touches upon science fiction speculation. They say, “Quantum computers use the mathematics inherent in the fabric of the cosmos to “solve” problems without having to compute the solutions. You might say there really isn’t any “computation” taking place, but rather a diverting of the encryption problem to the fabric of the cosmos which does the computing for you. You could even call it a “computational wormhole” or “stargate” that seems to cheat the laws of reality.”

So the question has been proposed------
What happens when you combine AI with quantum computing?
Whatever nation or corporation that develops 1024-bit quantum computing first will rule the world and become more powerful than anyone can currently imagine.

    *Peace* You create an omniscient God-like computational intellect that would know everything (in human civilization, anyway) and could control everything. Hence the concerns about Google being involved in all this research.


(Do we trust Google?} I leave that to your experience and research. We can only hope that this quantum technology is smarter than any social media attempt at supremacy. You will find enormous piles of material on the Internet.

(Natural News and NewsWars have spearheaded the reporting on the implications of Google’s “quantum supremacy” announcement.)

I also suggest research into the “Quantum Financial System” that is currently running parallel with the banking systems and will soon replace them. A number of financial officers have already been arrested for attempting to steal funds. The QFS sees all.

Welcome to the world of the future . . . >>>iggy

© Copyright 2019 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/967520-THE-BIGGEST-COMPUTING-MILESTONE