*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/967565
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Research · #2201943
October 2019 NaNoWriMo Prep assignments
#967565 added October 22, 2019 at 9:09pm
Restrictions: None
Oct. 30: - Character: Protagonist Interview
My life? Are you kidding me? Have you been living under a rock? My life has changed a lot; creature comforts are a thing of the past. Electrical devices are nothing more than paperweights anymore. Life is more about survival and kinship rather than money and power like it was. Only the lucky have survived, it’s no longer about status and fame, which is a good thing. And not having to worry about living pay check to pay check, but instead just focusing on staying alive, period. Living in these factions is the closest thing to family or friendship any of us have had since this all started. Not everyone is lucky enough to have actual family or friends who are still alive so we have to make our own. By living with these people you build relationships with them and have to learn to trust them. But even the most trustworthy can turn around and stab you in the back, especially if they have been brainwashed by another faction to infiltrate and break down the faction from the inside. We need to learn to be kind to one another, that’s the only way humanity will survive any of this. Many of us have done things we never would have dreamed of doing, prior to the outbreak, but these things are done out of necessity, not because we like it.

We have become harder, more used to death like we were before the ‘western world’, when the subject of death became taboo. We used to care for our dead but then modern medicine made us scared of death and we were disgusted by the sight of a dead body and wanted someone else, ‘a professional’, to deal with it. And now, here we are, having to take care of our dead again, but in a much more careful way. We know the only way for a corpse to not become a zombie, is to ensure the brain is destroyed. Before we bury our dead we do what the ancient Egyptians did, we remove the brain of the deceased. No brain, no zombie, easy.
© Copyright 2019 JubeCube ~ official homeowner! (UN: jubecube at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JubeCube ~ official homeowner! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/967565