*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/967602-Week-of-October-7-2019
by Sum1
Rated: E · Book · Travel · #1779685
I travel the country on business, sometimes the world. Come see where I've been.
#967602 added October 10, 2019 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
Week of October 7, 2019
Locale: Philadelphia, Pa


         This week finds me in Denver, Colorado for the third of four classes with the Federal Protective Service.  It's the same class I've delivered in Suitland, Md and Battle Creek, Michigan, and Denver, Colorado.  This was a fun class to deliver because of the interaction with the students, and because I've finally come to know quite a bit about the system.


         You might wonder how I could 'not know their system' very well, and still deliver this class, right?  Well, the class only covers a small portion of the system, so I don't need to know everything about it to deliver this class.  This system though, is very complex.  It's one of the most complex I've dealt with in my 18+ years at Motorola!  No matter how much you study or exchange e-mails with the customer, there's no way you can really know a customer's system when you walk in the door.  I'm lucky, I've been able to deliver this class in all four of their major locations, and that has helped.  We've discussed basic (and advanced) RF Theory and Operation, system management, maintenance and troubleshooting, configuration and programming, and IP Networking.  It's been a great series of classes.

         You can't come to Philadelphia without seeing a few historic sights.  This is my fifth time in this area, so I've seen a lot of it, but today I was drawn back to the Liberty Bell.  This piece of American History means a lot to me, mainly because of my personal beliefs, and serving our country for 20+ years on Navy Submarines.  Some of you gave me feedback on a notebook post about a new Trinket, and I thank each of you who took the time to respond.  It's always nice to get feedback from others.



         I don't normally smile that broadly for photo's, you can blame the man who snapped it for that.  As he was snapping, he said, "Let's be sure to get the crack in the photo.  Not YOUR crack."  Made me laugh a bit as you can tell.


Noteworthy Restaurants:


         Newportville Inn          http://newportvilleinn.net/#  I originally found this wonderful small restaurant in June of 2012.  Since then, every time in the Philadelphia area, I visit it.  I'm not an expert on German food, but I really enjoy 'good food', and this place is excellent!


Historic/Interesting Places Visited:

         The Liberty Bell          https://www.nps.gov/inde/learn/historyculture/stories-libertybell.htm  This is MUST SEE historical site to visit on a trip to the 'City of Brotherly Love'.  The history of this city, the aura that surrounds the grounds is enough to inspire anyone.


In Closing

         I will spend the weekend and next week at home before traveling again the week of Halloween.  Til next time, be good to yourselves and those you love, and WRITE!



Jim Dorrell

© Copyright 2019 Sum1 (UN: jim-d at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sum1 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/967602-Week-of-October-7-2019