*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968330-When-Emotion-Rules-Decision-Making
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#968330 added October 23, 2019 at 9:45pm
Restrictions: None
When Emotion Rules Decision Making
There are many strange, dark and sordid thoughts that circulate though our seedy little minds. We think about things that would shock those around us if they but knew what we were thinking about. Thankfully nobody has figured out yet how to hack our brains and that is a good thing indeed.

It is only when we decide to voice our thoughts or write them down that we cross the line from imagination into the world of record. In our speech and writing we grab our thoughts by the tail and allow them to find expression in the world around us. Most mature people realize that what they say and what they write should be carefully considered to insure our communications don't come back to haunt us. A good rule of thumb is not to say or write down anything you wouldn't want your preacher to hear or see posted on the church door.

As ill-conceived as some of the things we say and write are, there is still a higher threshold that someone can aspire. For example, we can be somewhat assured that our thoughts can be concealed in the cortex of our brains, and understand the risks of voicing or writing them down. However, all this changes when we step up to translating thoughts into action. It's one thing to think something, or say it, or even write it down..., but it's a whole new dimension when we decided to translate thoughts into action.

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS and as we step it up to the action level, there are 'oft a firehose of unintended consequences.

This is what is happening in todays political world. It started out in 2016 when the Democrats lost the election. For eight years the Obama administration demonstrated its ineptitude and inability to lead. To cover up their many failures they used any means at their disposal to conceal how incapable they were at governing. Their loss of political power resulted in a traumatic meltdown that has no parallel in the history of our Republic. They blamed everybody but themselves. In particular they blamed President Trump for whom Democrats have a blinding and vitriolic hatred. It colors everything the Party does. If President Trump says one thing, they say the opposite, and the totality of their focus has been on impeachment since the day of his election. This excess in emotional zeal has clouded the focus of their political thinking and they only use reason, hoping to create a justification and facade for the bad actions they've already undertaken.

ACTION is the operative word here. It is one thing to hate, and another to speak publicly about ones hatred in the papers and on TV. However, there are unintended consequences when the emotion of hate becomes a guide for action. In the end REASON triumphs over emotion.

In the past three years the Democrats have forsaken any attempt at legislating and jumped instead into the emotional vortex of an impeachment attempt that is devoid of any high crimes, misdemeanors, treason, or any other form of any serious aberrant behavior. These mean spirited actions and unfair methods have failed at every turn to meet expectations and the objective of foul play. Instead Democrats have immunized voters to the unfairness of their antics and the subtle influence the fake news has on propagandizing an unwitting electorate.

ACTIONS have unintended consequences and those who fail to look at what they do, through the clear lens of reason, are doomed to fail... when murky emotions distort the process of decision making.

© Copyright 2019 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968330-When-Emotion-Rules-Decision-Making