*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968572-Back-in-the-Game
Rated: E · Book · Career · #1959122
Not that you need to enter my crazy mind, but here you go anyway. Enjoy!
#968572 added October 28, 2019 at 7:14pm
Restrictions: None
Back in the Game
I've been out of the writing game here at WDC for some time now, but in doing so, I feel like I've lost a part of myself I was just beginning to love. Even though I talk (a lot) I'm not that social, and my comfort level when it comes to jumping into new communities is virtually non-existent. Because of that, it was easy for me to fade out here and tell myself I wasn't that involved anyway.





Big mistake.





Even introverts need to be connected. And being connected to other
writers we can relate to? That's huge. So, I'm back, hoping to connect with other writers and stay involved this time. Consider it me trying to build myself into the writer (and the person) I always told myself I wanted to be.


Bear with me, because I'm definitely a work in progress.





Over the last few years, I've made a few strides towards my writing career. I've ghostwritten four novellas for a client, and even though it was first-draft work (all she paid for) the reviews by Amazon readers were an average of four stars. I've published my first collection of poetry (also available on Amazon, soon to be revised and expanded) and am gearing up to release my second. Added to that, one of my writing teachers at the University I'm attending online thinks one of my short stories is actually good enough to publish. I've finished drafts for two different novels, one of which I'm currently revamping (again) and will be posting on WDC for review (if you beautiful people wouldn't mind giving it a read). I've built up a small following on Facebook and and even smaller following on Instagram, but I'm slowly building up my social media presence after taking a bit of a hiatus from that as well.





It's my personal life that's gotten a bit hectic this last year or two, but I think I'm finally finding a good balance, which gives me the freedom to get back to what I love. I'm the busy mama of an energetic and challenging nine-year-old girl. She is all sugar, spice, sass, and pizazz, let me tell you. She just started third grade and is growing up way too quickly. Her dad and I split up when she was three, so she had some pretty tumultuous years, though even that's settled this last year or so. Now, she's got a steady equilibrium between us, which is good because it had me worried. So, that (one) stresser aside, I can focus more on the day-to-day and building up my independent little girl while working full time and trying to finish my Bachelor's degree in English. Did I mention I started a new relationship about six months ago? For once, I'm not dating a jerk I make excuses for, but a relationship does take up more time. I'm also saving every penny to buy a house, which is not an easy thing to do in today's economy in the States.





Sooo...with all of that, I'm trying really hard to build a career as a follower and achieve a few personal goals. I signed up for NaNoWriMo this year to try to finish the current draft of the novel I'm writing. I'm hoping (cross your fingers) to re-release my first collection of poetry and release my second right after the first of the year. For WDC, my goal is to post my current novel and some poetry for feedback, as well as blog post at least once a week, if not more.





I'm hoping to get reviews on my writing, but that also means I need to give reviews. Hopefully I can do this at least once a week too, so if you have something you'd like reviewed, please, please, please send me an email. I'd love to take a look.





WDC has an awesome community and I can't wait to get involved again. That being said, if you want to chat about anything, please feel free to hit me up by email or messenger, or find me on Facebook, C.N. Greer, author


I'd love to get to know anyone who wants to and get back in the game.

© Copyright 2019 C.N. Greer (UN: chelsea.greer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
C.N. Greer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968572-Back-in-the-Game