*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968761-Haloween-goblins-and-ghosts
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#968761 added November 1, 2019 at 11:29am
Restrictions: None
Haloween, goblins, and ghosts
I’m sending this prompt in between princesses and spidermen begging at my door for free candy. *Laugh* If you celebrate Halloween in your part of the world, what are your family’s traditions? What were the popular Halloween costumes in your childhood? Which candy was the most coveted? *Candy4* *Witchlegs1*


Manx Cat from Japan


*Cat* “WHERE THERE IS NO IMAGINATION, THERE IS NO HORROR” – ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE. ... *Cat2*


I'm too rural. No children in the area. And, if there were a few their parents would take them to the nearest community for trick r treat.

I used to buy bags of candy for my own children and let them split the bags to avoid the trip to a town. They grew up during a bad time of having to inspect each piece of candy given because of the things someone might put in it. The newspapers ran articles warning people to watch out for needles or medicine that might look like candy. UGH!

The schools had homeroom parties complete with costumes, cupcakes, and drinks when my children were in grade school. We were attending church then and halloween really wasn't a big deal for us.

When my grandchildren were here they banded with other family members and young cousins for trips to a local town.

I guess all candies are favorites for someone. The candy part of haloween is a big draw for all ages of people. YUM!

I won a prize in grade 2 or 3 as a princess. A friend of my fathers bought me a fabulous costume jewelry necklace to wear and I had a crown. *Alien* Rhinestones pasted to metal painted with silver paint. It looked like a sparkly flower garden.

Then, his wife took it after haloween because she said it was too mature for a child to wear and too expensive to play with, remember it was around 1953 or 1954. Even costume jewelry was expensive then. Plus, she returned it when I was all grown up, but it had lost its dazzle by then. I probably have it somewhere still. My children used to get into my jewelry box and play with the jewelry maybe they were dazzled by it too.*Necklace1*

This year the big thing was the wind in the area. We had 60 mile per hour wind gusts. The news reporting was pretty good about the way haloween was progressing in towns in this area. One house had long lines of spooky dressed characters. But, the costumes were holding up in spite of wind gusts. We donated hay for a hay ride or some other festivity the last two years.Now I wonder how that turned out? I'll have to call and find out I guess. First snow fall of the season last evening and into this morning. Woke up to white fields instead of green grass.*Wind* and *Ghost*

I play "Township." In honor of Harry Potter stories I put the witch craft school in my city. The game celebrated haloween by dressing up the animals and flying witches through the town during October. Spooky and cute.

Onward to Thanksgiving. I could not find a turkey so here is a *Jackolantern* Pumpkin pie will do. Clean and dry the pumpkin seeds to plant in the spring for next years haloween. Planting pumpkins in the midst of other types of seeds causes large leaves to grow through the garden and helps keep weeds from growing.

THE END *Smile*





© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968761-Haloween-goblins-and-ghosts