*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968789-The-Holiday-Season
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2157052
There is beauty in all things!
#968789 added December 10, 2019 at 1:00pm
Restrictions: None
The Holiday Season
As we enter the holiday season I would like to remind others that we live in a country that knows how to give. But, do we really know what it is to give of ourselves? I have a feeling no one really does, especially the younger generations. I have a story to tell, that has touched my heart from the moment I saw what my son and his wonderful wife had taught my grand-daughters.

It is a beautiful fall day as they step out of the car and gather around the pile of wraths that are waiting to be homed for the holidays. They have done this tradition for 18+ years. Eric and his family have served the military and other families like theirs celebrate the holidays of the lost loved ones by placing a wrath on military graves. A tradition that they see as an honor to those who have served this great nation and our families. They arrive early and don't leave until the last wrath is placed. Like many others who donate their time to the placing of the wrath upon that dearly beloved ones grave. It warmed my heart tremendously that my son and daughter had taught my grand-daughters the beauty of remembering those who have fallen during Thanksgiving, Christmas and other holidays.

Never forget the fallen and always thank a Vet for their service. If we would all remember to love one another, that's what we are supposed to do, maybe it would be an even sweeter place to be. Here's to this great holiday season. May you have a grand Thanksgiving and a Very Merry Christmas. May all your wishes come true.

May you be blessed always,

Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill Awards

FORUM
The Lighthouse Poetry Contest  (E)
Contests With A Christian Theme
#1742964 by LegendaryMask❤️


© Copyright 2019 LegendaryMask❤️ (UN: tblakely5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
LegendaryMask❤️ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968789-The-Holiday-Season