*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968830-Jouska--and-the-Ability-to-Think
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#968830 added November 2, 2019 at 1:08pm
Restrictions: None
Jouska and the Ability to Think
Write about jouska
.

From Psychology Today, jouska is defined as “a hypothetical conversation that you play out over and over in your head. For example, replaying an argument in your head where you say all the right things and “win” the argument, or practicing asking your boss for a raise and playing out his or her responses and your comebacks.”

Red Dragon


{link:https://www.howtopronounce.com › jouska}


According to the link above the English way to pronounce this word is Jow-ska.

A comment on the link above, says it is a Finnish related word pronounced Jo-oo-skah.

I was pronouncing it the Finnish way. This matters to me because, I have taken some Spanish and in the 1980"s I took Old Testament Hebrew. In the Old Testament Hebrew course I learned to read Old Testament Hebrew and translate, more than speak the language. This year, I have been learning modern day Hebrew and how to speak it. There is nothing that will mess up your word pronunciation faster, than an Eastern language. In college, I took a beginning class in Russian. They did not offer a follow up class. Just writing from right to left isn't enough. Pronouncing vowels and dividing syllables can be interesting as well.


Words as *Tools* are so *Cool*


The word Jouska is not the conversation that you play in your head. It is the emotion, that is driving the conversation. It seems to me the emotion is undefinable because. humans play out all kinds of emotions in different ways.

Sorrow and fear are both connected to jouska and this type of mind conversation. Jouska is especially conflict related. Can you define the emotion? You can use the word conflict to define what you are going through, but what exactly is the emotion you are experiencing?

I live in a place where people believe in psychic use of prayer to cause other people to do something. Actually, over a great deal of time the use of rosary beads have changed a lot of actions and community ideas in a lot of different religions.

I know a church that harbored members who believed that women have no thoughts of their own. Males were supposedly giving all thoughts to women through psychic thought waves. So, to stay within the confines of your own understanding and life style a woman has to know how to think and how to refuse thoughts that don't line up with her own moral character.

I'm presently involved in a study of Wisdom using Proverbs for the Old Testament Scripture and a book titled, "Wisdom" written by Myles Munroe. It contains this quote, " Control your own destiny, or some one else will." by Jack Welch.

The information age is a great thing to me because it brought forth all kinds of writings about bible history. Mental control isn't really a modern day problem. It is a problem that existed in Israel in the time of Christ. probably existed since the beginning of human society. Technology and learning are advancing at an extreme rate of speed. No sense going back, forward in knowledge is the only speed now.

The kind of situation Jouska is examining is what Zen Yoga tries to train your mind to accept, control, and even cancel, if it is interfering with the way you react to situations in life. A quote from someone, who I cannot remember the name of said, "The study of mindfulness might save the society in the USA from imploding."

And now, we are back to introverts. The mind of an introvert is usually busy examining something future or past. I just read "The Real Story," by Stephen Donaldson. It's a good story, but the part I was especially interested in is after the story is finished and Donaldson explains where he gets ideas for his stories. I laughed as his thought patterns were laid out on the page, because it reminded me of the controversy that rears its head now and then on *WDC* about yea or nay, is it the muse? The emotion driving Jouska? Is it the muse in your life?




The End!

© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968830-Jouska--and-the-Ability-to-Think