*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/969109-Charts
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#969109 added November 6, 2019 at 10:55am
Restrictions: None
Charts
http://www.wmfc.org/uploads/GenerationalDifferencesChart.pdf

What parts of the chart did you find to be accurate and which did you find issue with? Anything you related strongly to? Is a chart like this useful, or does it rely too heavily on stereotypes?

signature dancing owl


Quotes to think about:https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/psychology

“The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.”
Carl Gustav Jung

“There are some people you like immediately, some whom you think you might learn to like in the fullness of time, and some that you simply want to push away from you with a sharp stick.”
Douglas Adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul


CHART


I think the chart has some accuracy and is some what judgmental. I was born in January of 1945. MY lifetime spans all your categories. Two World Wars had far more influence than this chart shows on the things people had to put up with and believed. Even today, the idea that the United States is great or even that it is declining is not necessarily true. What is true is the struggles people go through to raise families of children, who understand what life will bring them in the long run of finding ways to be employed in a monetary way.

Economics teaches that the corporations of the world are driving economies, not the governments. Corporations influence major moves by different governments, who may be trying to raise the education levels and poverty levels of their countries. For instance China is moving into different African countries and investing in their economies. Some USA corporations moved across the border and started factories in an effort to slow down the amount of people who want to move to the US for economical reasons.

Another thing that influences corporate movements is raw materials that are needed to produce the goods of the world. Oil is not necessarily the only need.

Our Midwest farmers are banding together to introduce new types of fuel and actually build the economy that comes from corn that will be needed to keep the earth alive and the new economy growing.

Yes. I said new economy. In spite of some people trying to return the USA to the dark ages of coal and mesothelioma. This nation is moving forward into new visions of Solar, Wind power, corn power, health care, dental care, eye care, and other green movements.

Where I live used to be full of Dairy farms. Now, those farms are just not functioning. The children grew up and went to the factories for two reasons. A well functioning farm needs to have land to raise crops to support the amount of animals it uses and since 1945 tractors and other farm machinery was introduced to make the work easier.

But, the machines break down and cost more that the metal used to build them. We use a rake for haying that has a date listed on it in the 1800's. Metal at that time was made better. There used to be mechanics around here whose life effort was to go around to farms and do work on the machinery. Farmers were jack of all trades. They could treat an animals sickness or work on the tractor.

When the children left the farms and the elders grew old farms were broken up and land sold off for homes and small 10 to 50 acreages. The local county will tell you that 50 acres is not a farm.

There is a strong 4-h here. Children and there parents are taught how to raise a cow, horse, pig, dairy goats, meat goats, and rabbits and sustain a family. Generally, they don't intend to over winter much livestock but, what they raise sustains and adds to the family food budget. The excess is sold at auction. In the spring they buy young stock to raise and start the cycle again. The children go off to college to work in computer, health, law, and other strong industries but, that family farming genetic goes with them.

I saw teachers that would not teach. I still see people who think just sending someone to trade school will work. It won't. People in the trades need to be able to think and they get that from reading, writing, and arithmetic. Higher math and linguistics may not be used in some trades but, it teaches the brain to be aware. Put, a person in a trade at age 18, by 30 they want to learn more, to advance, to grow and not be bored by their job.

And, as for the USA declining, there is an under current of people who are aware and are moving to make congress be aware as well.

As for divorce. Well, women think for themselves. During WWII the women went into the factories to work. When the men returned home they expected the women to go back to cleaning and housework. It did not happen.

This also happens within today's military when the males go off to duty the women take over but, when the males return home the women don't give up the home authority. Now, some branches of the service are holding classes and giving out info about how to reunite in a civil manner and accept each others roles.

Now, in college, women are taught to keep separate bank accounts and enjoy working and managing home as well. There is a lot of macho male wailing about all this but, it will work out in the end. Females aren't giving up males. Males aren't giving up females. It's just rearranging authority.

I really think the chart is off. My children had schedules, 4-h, little league, cub scouts. They learned to work. We played capture the flag as a family, sled riding, ice skating. I bought them books. With 4 children and 2 adults extra money was non existent but we got by. I think perceptions of what is in the chart and what is actually going on in each of those categories is not balanced.

Proper balance comes from an awareness as you live about what is happening in more than one part of the country or the world. You just can't chart life and pin it down to specifics.

*FlowerV* The End.







© Copyright 2019 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/969109-Charts