*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/969359
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2079738
These are my works in progress that I haven't finished.
#969359 added November 10, 2019 at 4:52am
Restrictions: None
Public Execution
Killing someone is usually done behind closed doors, with no one but the victim and the killer there to witness it. And public executions, well they're a thing of the past, most people not being able to see beyond their own mortality or wanting to see someone put to death. This includes the death of a loved one who is. Usually banished to a sterile room where doctors and nurses oversee the death. But what about those who deserve it? The death penalty, is a public execution, where the victims family and friends can watch the killer being put to death, but even those are being phased out, as they are seen as barbaric practices. But recently there was a new killer, one who didn't hide their victims away, but instead made them front and centre for everyone to see. The deaths were done live, all of the victims succumbed to their injuries and died, leaving no witnesses to the perpetrator.

The first was during a live televised New Year's Eve celebration. All eyes were on it. The presenters stood on the platform, talking to the cameras, everyone had big smiles, waiting for the fireworks. They interviewed celebrities and politicians, then the countdown begins, the cameras pan over to the bridge and fireworks begin to explode, but something seems amiss. One section doesn't seem to be working correctly, instead of the fireworks flying high into the air and exploding they burn low on the bridge. Hundreds of cameras zoom in on the area. The tv presenters all echoing the same line that there seems to be some technical difficulties. And thats when it happens. Something dark drops from the spot and swings from side to side. As the cameras focus they show a man hanging from the bridge, a chain wrapped around his neck. It takes several minutes for people to realise what's actually happening. People stare in horror at the scene unfolding.

The joyous occasion is now one of fear as the technicians scramble to shut down the fireworks display and emergency responders are forced to wait before they can rush in to help. The chain is long and no one has any hopes that the man will be alive when they reach him. Tv crews scramble to try and get the best view they can of the body. Before anyone can reach the man, a wide strip of fabric unfurls at his feet. Four letters painted in bright red paint are captured by the cameras. PEDO.
© Copyright 2019 JubeCube ~ official homeowner! (UN: jubecube at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JubeCube ~ official homeowner! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/969359