*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/969471
Rated: 13+ · Book · Travel · #2032403
ON THE WRITE PATH: travel journal for Around-the-World in 2015, 16, 18.
#969471 added November 11, 2019 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
2019 Trip to Costa Rica and Europe August-October.
Nothing of note = no specific creative writing! May be plenty to note otherwise. I'll need them for other purposes. I took photos of most of the postcards. Over 30.

NORWAY

21.avgust to Gary: nothing of poetic/prose note.

22.avgust to Nancy: nothing of note.

23.avgust to Mary: nothing of note.

25.avgust to McCormants: nothing of note.

26.avgust to Debi and Eric: nothing of note.

CROATIA

1.rujan to Gary: "I'm sitting in an alley where local people are chatting w/ family/friends/neighbors. I imagine it's the same most everywhere. Dog said hello. People climb the stairs with luggage — not me.

2.rujan to Jamie: nothing of note.

BOSNIA

4.septembra to Gary: nothing of note.

5.septembra to Jacob: nothing of note.

SERBIA

11.septembar to Noelani: nothing of note.

13.septembar to Cecilie: nothing of note.

13.septembar to Gary: nothing of note.

15.septembar to Teresa: "A city of ruins, rebuilt, bombed. All wars came here to wrest control over the rivers Danube and Sava. Back and forth from Hapsburg Austria-Hungary & the Ottoman Empire. The fortress of white stone & brick guards the passage while people party on the floating night clubs below. A working city. Country people come here for jobs. Parts are quite pretty but nothing to entice tourists. It's not Vienna or Budapest. It's a nitty gritty dirty city... the kind I feel at home in."

18.septembra to Merry: nothing of note.

18.septembra to Anne: nothing of note.

19.septembra to Jane: nothing of note.

KOSOVO

21.shtator to Gary: nothing of note.

21.shtator to Linda: nothing of note.

22.shtator to Annabel: "Ah... to be newborn. I tell people I need a new body... and then add "sleep well tonight". I'm having too much fun! But really? I must decide whether I can continue traveling like this. I purposely slowed down this trip. One week in Beograd, now one week in Prishtina. Enough time to actually get to know a place and its people. Just a taste for sure. But it helps keep me alive & slower may let my legs & back heal. Hard to write this with a kitten in my lap. She's purring & doesn't want to move! Peace."

23.shtator to Lavinia: nothing to note.

24.shtator to Allen: "Oda sits on my lap. Others work; she naps. I'd get up — if she'd let me. The presser turns, ironing duvets, music adds a tumbling beat. A taste of chocolate or walnuts. Coffee ripples tickling my lips. I ruffle Oda's white undercoat; she grabs my knee with claws. Dare I close my eyes? Dare I get up to leave? Hostal Oda — there are two cats Oda + her brother Odi. They insist that everyone's lap belong to them."

27.shtator to Nanette: "Soft bread innards assuage the wait on a busy afternoon as the waning sun bakes leaves turning red. The marigolds pray for another month before frost drives diners inside. Today, green chairs await for an evening event. Elections begin. sun pours over pavement. The sky remains blue. Those who are thirsty must wait. My chicken fillet arrives. (At Shaban)'

NOT FINISHED










© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/969471