*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970118--4th-of-July-at-the-Golf-Course-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(408)
by ruwth
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2145363
I will be adding stories & reflections as time marches on. Take a gander today!
#970118 added July 4, 2022 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
~ 4th of July at the Golf Course ~

I grew up in Wellsville, New York. As a child, I remember Sunday dinners at Grandma's house and attending "~ The Little White Church ~ as a family. I remember going to the drive-in and us kids trying to stay awake for the whole movie.

We did not do many other things as a family but we did always go to the golf course on the 4th of July.

The course had rolling hills where we went sledding in the winter. I used my first skis on those tiny slopes. But on the 4th of July those slopes were not covered with snow. On the fourth, they were covered with blankets.

There must have been plenty of room because I don't remember any stress about getting there early to find a good spot or good parking. My dad just parked with everyone else on the side of the road and we walked to a spot a ways out and spread out our blankets and excitedly waited for the main event.

We all got there at dusk and waited for the last rays of sunlight to disappear. We knew a dark sky made for a better show. We chatted and laughed while we waited.

Then there would be a flash and a boom letting us know the celebration was about to start. We would all lie down and gaze at the sky ready to be amazed.

We were never disappointed. One colorful splash after another filled the night sky. A multitudes of oohs and ahs would be our applause.

One after another the amazing color designs would come until there was a pause. Then the finale with lots of colors, booms, whistling sounds—and then silence.

Slowly we would gather our things and make our way back to our car. It was a wonderful family night. We would always remember our hometown 4th of July celebration. Yay for the Independence Day Celebration on the golf course in my hometown. ♡






Written for "The Taboo Words Contest ~ On Hiatus
Prompt: Firework Display
Taboo Words: fireworks, rockets, sparklers, display, bonfire

Word Count: 326 Words

~ ~ ~ JESUS is LORD! ~ ~ ~




© Copyright 2022 ruwth (UN: ruwth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ruwth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970118--4th-of-July-at-the-Golf-Course-