*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970752-Getting-to-Choose-between-This-and-That
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#970752 added December 3, 2019 at 10:38am
Restrictions: None
Getting to Choose between This and That
Draining the Swamp is no easy task. Trump inherited a raft of Obama holdovers who take pride in the term "Resistance." This is their strategy and they fancy themselves akin to the partisan fighters that attacked the Germans behind the lines in World War 2. It is a fierce, no holds barred, scorched earth policy of resisting Donald Trump at every turn, regardless of the cost. For three years the nation has witnessed the results. If Trump stands for one thing the Democrats take the opposite point of view. As a result of getting to get to pick the High Ground, the President has left his opponents with the uphill fight. The Democrats have been forced to take sides on issues in ways that are contrary to common sense.

For example take the war with Isis. Isis was defeated and Trump wanted to bring the troops home. The Democrats opposed his actions and got public opinion to sway towards leaving some troops behind to "Guard the Oilfields." This gave the President the high ground. In the event things go sour in Syria, he can say...."I tried to bring our soldiers back but the Democrats and the SWAMP would have no part of it..."

I could make the same case for the WALL... or regarding the Dreamers. If Trump says THIS the Democrats say THAT. THIS is choosing the common sense point of view and leaving the Left to argue THAT, the less logical opposing view.

We are now about to enter Phase 3. Phase 1 was the Muller Report and Phase 2 was getting Impeachment rolling in the House of Representatives. ASSUMING that the Democrats vote Impeachment and send the Articles to the Senate for trial this can't help but backfire. In the Senate the Republicans will be holding the high cards and have just suffered about as unfair a process in the House that can be possibly imagined. Adam Schiff has used every backhanded trick he can think of to create the narrative he hopped to sell the American People. Nothing Changed! The smart money says that the Democrats have gone too far to back down and will vote and forward the articles before Christmas. Common sense would dictate that they slam on the breaks, vote censure, and then try passing some bipartisan legislation before 2020. Right now the Republicans have a long string of successes and the Democrats have nothing to show for the past three years. If the Democrats think this will soon be over, they're drinking cool-aid. This will drag on in the Senate right up until the election. While the Horowitz Report will not live up to Republican expectations, it will be sufficient to get the ball rolling and the Durham report will follow with criminal indictments.

What will begin as a raw wound will give way to the pus of eight years of Obama rule. Like a Stage Play the final act will come to a climax and the curtain will come down on an era that most Americans would rather forget.

Just remember where this opposing view strategy has led the Democrats. The irony is that it is not to late for the lemmings to stop their hell bent rush to destruction... The irony is they won't. What will play out in the Senate is a vindication of everything we all know and fear will otherwise be swept under the carpet. An impeachment trial in the Senate will open all those boxes with the sealed lids and show the American People the truth of what happened under the Obama Administration. There'll be enough bad news to remove the last shreds of doubt.


© Copyright 2019 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970752-Getting-to-Choose-between-This-and-That