*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970798-Hurray---The-Pill-Box-Has-Been-Found
Rated: E · Book · Biographical · #2177669
A metaphor for my take on life and how it affects me.
#970798 added December 1, 2019 at 12:23pm
Restrictions: None
Hurray - The Pill Box Has Been Found
My wife went to get the box she keeps her pills in and "Surprise" there was the missing pill box. I was relieved to know it had not gone into the trash. There were 3 days of both day and night pills and I'm glad it was found.

This has been a different Thanksgiving this year. I became very ill, stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhea on Saturday and early Sunday morning. Somehow I survived the night and started to feel better by the afternoon. My recuperation continued on Monday and by Tuesday I felt good enough to take Gracie for a walk. I knew I was on the road to recovery and was looking forward to Thanksgiving on Thursday. Except on Wednesday, I had a reoccurrence of the bug! I went to Urgent Care on Saturday and I'm starting to feel good again.

My wife had a beautiful spread for Thanksgiving, Turkey, Spiral Ham, Green Bean Casserole, Sweet Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Cranberry, Asparagus, and Rolls.

Our daughter was here to help her mom with the cooking and eating the wonderful meal. They split the spoils and a lot of ours went into the freezer. I was unable to enjoy most of the side dishes but I did taste both the ham and turnkey and they were so good. Mouth watering good!

Along with all this wonderful new we had a big storm come rolling in. Cold, rain and snow, it lasted for two days. We ended up with a inch and half showing in the rain gauge. The night temps have dropped into the 20's and the day temps in the 40's. Who said it never rains in California?

It's Sunday Morning and I'm being reflective about the week that was. I missed out on some wonderful food, but the scale didn't go up as in past years. You have to look on the bright side!

Life Is Good - God Bless


© Copyright 2019 lucky dog (UN: donyoung59 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lucky dog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/970798-Hurray---The-Pill-Box-Has-Been-Found