*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971207-Portfolio
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#971207 added December 9, 2019 at 3:52pm
Restrictions: None
Portfolio
I am getting to the point of having to clear out my portfolio, reaching my limit. No one told me what a painful process this would be. It is akin to choosing one of my children for slaughter or tying my dog to the railroad tracks. I have slimmed the pot before but have the desire to strip it bare by New Years. You know, that whole newness is freeing thing. I should probably treat my port as one of my tales of horror with skeletons in my closet and just broom them away.They will be on my computer but deleting from WDC pulls at the heartstrings. There are memories made with each story written, maybe the prompt or just the idea popping into my head. With an empty port, I fear becoming faceless. My persona is wrapped in the weirdness of my writing. It speaks of who I am. Not that there won't be new stories but I am not the same person I was two years ago. The progression of my growth, as a writer, is measured within my port. So maybe it is better, just to whittle away the edges once again. Or maybe, the day will come that I wake up with the courage to start new and fresh. Decisions, decisions!

© Copyright 2019 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971207-Portfolio