*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971389-Impeachment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#971389 added December 14, 2019 at 9:37am
Restrictions: None
Impeachment
Regarding the subject of this epistle, I think that most Americans are growing weary of the partisan bicker. All these emotional appeals and heart rending distortions are difficult to process and reconcile. This is politics, pure and simple. The House of Representatives is presently controlled by the Democrats. Impeachment is whatever the majority party wants it to be. Forgetting about bi-partisanship and the law, the Left has the votes and will most certainly vote Articles and forward them to the Senate. Not withstanding all the references to our founding fathers, the Constitution and personal testimonials, the Democrats are trying to convince the American people that their motives are pure and their actions stem from an elected duty to save the American people from themselves.

The entire drama is so tedious, the temptation is to turn off the TV and go for a walk with the dog. The stakes however, are too large to ignore. What is becoming clearer is that the Liberals want to muddy up Trump, thinking this will help in their bid for the 2020 Presidential Election, however, the consequences go much deeper and further than that. It is really about the type of government this country will have going forward. There is a Socialist model being dusted off as an alternative. The means by which this transition is envisioned is not being driven by law, reason and logic but rather by greed, power and loathing.

In stepping back and reflecting, I'm coming to the the conclusion that what we are witnessing is a political struggle between the Democrats, supported by off shore money, and the Republicans, committed to the status-quo. There looks to be a movement afoot to bring the American way of life down a few notches and recast our Constitution into a document more supportive of Socialism. Outside economic forces, looking to establish a world-wide, overarching system of government, are hard at work to find a common denominator model for everyone on the planet. They see Socialism as the answer. If you dismiss this as conspiracy theory, simply take a look at what has happened in our lifetimes. The efforts of this movement have already come closer to achieving their goal than most people realize. In my view the Democratic Party is no longer controlled by forces internal to the United States, but rather by influence handlers, peddling policy from abroad. George Soros might be the point man but there are much more powerful entities behind him. Arrayed against our Constitution are not just the Democrats, a media controlled by outsiders and many socialized subsets of our society, but hostile off shore interests interfering not just with our government but with any government that offers a democratic alternative to the failed model of Socialism.



© Copyright 2019 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971389-Impeachment