*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971553
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#971553 added December 16, 2019 at 12:59pm
Restrictions: None
Trump starring in Lord of the Flies #2.
Trump starring in Lord of the Flies #2
16.diciembre.2019


A comment I posted at facebook on Holly Jahangiri's wall:

When Trump ran in 2016 he was the most centrist of the Republican candidates. Cruz and Rubio were at the far right on policies. During the primaries there were on-line quizzes about issues and who one would agree with. If I remember right Trump was at about 30% for me; Sanders 90%, Rubio 5%. The problem with Trump was his despicable behavior towards anyone and everyone that became worse during the campaign. There was still some hope that he would become presidential, but he immediately dashed that notion. The last three years has been a sequel to Lord of the Flies, with the White House as the stage.


I do think of Trump as a Lord of Chaos. He seems interested in only himself. Some say he treats the presidency as a cash cow, but I truly believe he just relishes the power and ability to say and do what he wants with impunity. Money = Power = More Money = Adulation. It's the Gospel of Prosperity taken to a demonic level.

It's a fallacy that righteous living >> wealth. I say this because we all have met poor people who are among the greatest humans we'll ever know. Even being a genius does not lead to adulation or wealth. What is worse is the tautology: righteousness >> awarded by money >> wealth >> indicates righteousness. It's a damning closed circle that we mere mortals are not invited into. After-all, until we are powerful/wealthy how dare we question the Righteous!

The White House has become the Church of Chaos ... and Trump's sycophants the High Priests.
604

© Copyright 2019 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971553