*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971674-How-Carter-Page-became-the-Screwee
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#971674 added December 20, 2019 at 9:41pm
Restrictions: None
How Carter Page became the "Screwee"
Democratic operatives from the time Trump was elected had an end game of impeaching Trump. To achieve their goal they had to get dirt on the President that was "Impeachable." From the beginning "The resistance" was a group of partisans searching for a crime. The prevailing thought was that nobody can get to be president without doing something illegal and the problem was to determine a specific illegality that rose to the level of Impeachment.

This was no easy task because unlike the Democrats, who had been in office for eight years, President Trump did not have a political track record. How do you find political dirt on someone who is new to the political scene? In the end the Deep State decided to project on Trump sins the Democrats were themselves guilty of. The Obama Administration had colluded with the Russians on Uranimum 1, in the Ukraine, with China, and in trying to figure out why they lost in 2016 decided it must be because the Trump campaign did the same thing in ways they were unaware of. The goal became to find out how this collusion took place and use it ultimately to impeach Trump. Surely somewhere in this fishing expedition was the crime they were looking for.

Peter Struyck knew "... there was no there there, yet" and was all in to find the dirt that would bring down the President. His "Insurance Policy" was the counter intelligence investigation, Crossfire Hurricane. He reasoned that if they could get a FISA warrant on one of the four principle suspects, that would lead ultimately to all the email traffic on everyone associated with the Trump Campaign.

George Papadopulos was not considered a candidate because Department of Justice had already turned a thumbs down on that. Paul Manafort was subject of another Investigation and General Flynn was about to be charged. That left Carter Page. There had already been problems getting a warrant approved because FISA judges were growing increasingly suspicious that earlier attempts at obtaining one were politically motivated. Something had to be done to beef up this iteration of the FISA application.

The Horowitz report states, "...electronic surveillance targeting Page, which is among the most sensitive and intrusive investigative techniques. As we describe in Chapter Five, the FBI ultimately did not seek a FISA order at that time because OGC, NSD's Office of Intelligence (OI), or both determined that more information was needed to support probable cause that Page was an agent of a foreign power. However, immediately after the Crossfire Hurricane team received Steele's election reporting on September 19, the team reinitiated their discussions with OI and their efforts to obtain FISA surveillance authority for Page, which they received from the FISC on October 21."

Around September 23, the DOJ FISA attorney began work on the Carter Page application. In the next few weeks the attorney prepared it used information provided by the case agent assigned to Carter Page. All the factual material, according to FBI policy ,was supposed to be "Scrupulously Accurate." The work ended up with an application that claimed:

1. Russia was undermining the 2016 election and Carter Page was an agent of the Russians.

1a. Russian agents would attempt to undermine the election.
2a. The Russian government was coordinating with the Trump Campaign as confirmed by FFG report.
3a. Carter Page had connections with the Russian Intelligence Services
4a. This connection was based upon Steeles election reporting in Reports 80, 94, 95 and 102.
5a. Page's statements to an FBI CHS that he had a blank check from the Russians to fund a think tank project.

A statement of facts showed Page's denial of coordination with the Russian government.

2. Compromising information about Hillary Clinton had been compiled for many years, was controlled by the Kremlin, and had been fed by the Kremlin to the Trump campaign for an extended period of time (Report 80);

3. During a July 2016 trip to Moscow, Page met secretly with Igor Sechin, Chairman of Russian energy conglomerate Rosneft and close associate of Putin, to discuss future cooperation and the lifting of Ukraine-related sanctions against Russia; and with Igor Divyekin, a highly-placed Russian official, to discuss sharing with the Trump campaign derogatory information about Clinton (Report 94);

4. Page was an intermediary between Russia and the Trump campaign's then manager (Manafort)in a "well-developed conspiracy" of cooperation, which led to Russia's disclosure of hacked DNC emails to Wikileaks in exchange for the Trump campaign's agreement to sideline Russian intervention in Ukraine as a campaign issue (Report 95); and

5. Russia released the DNC emails to Wikileaks in an attempt to swing voters to Trump, an objective conceived and promoted by Page and
others (Report 102).

The judgement to rely on Steele's election reporting was reached by the case agents.

The report was reviewed by the officials shown below however these were not provided all relevant information

NSD's Acting Assistant Attorney General,
NSD's Deputy Assistant Attorney General with oversight over 01, 01's
Operations Section Chief
Deputy OSC
Section Chief,
the DAG,
Principal Associate Deputy
Attorney General,
Associate Deputy Attorney General responsible for ODAG's national security portfolio.

This was how the FISA application was prepared and staffed. It was a deliberate attempt to shape a thin narrative to defraud the FISA court.





© Copyright 2019 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971674-How-Carter-Page-became-the-Screwee