*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971748-Good-Reason-That-President-Trump-Doesnt-Feel-impeached
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#971748 added December 20, 2019 at 11:52am
Restrictions: None
Good Reason That President Trump Doesn't Feel impeached
After being subjected to an impeachment scheme, hatched before President Turmp was ever sworn in, the Democrats eventually got their wish... the House of Representatives finally got around to voting Impeachment. In order to get it they had to eat their young. Over thirty junior Congressional men and women, in districts won by narrow margins, signed their political death warrants. Think of how they must feel now that Nancy Pelosi has decided not to forward the articles to the Senate.

Why didn't the House Majority Leader bother to tell them that before urging them to walk the plank that she never intended to send the articles to the Senate to begin with? If I were one of those asked to make the ultimate political sacrifice, I'd be angry. Talk about the ultimate betrayal... asked to sacrifice ones self for something that was preordained to never happen.

Noah Feldman, a professor at Harvard Law School, was one of those three Constitutional Scholars who pleaded the Democrats case during the Impeachment hearings. He is arguing now against the House Democrats withholding the articles of impeachment from the Senate.

"Both parts are necessary to make an impeachment under the Constitution: The House must actually send the articles and send managers to the Senate to prosecute the impeachment. And the Senate must actually hold a trial," he argues. "If the House does not communicate its impeachment to the Senate, it hasn’t actually impeached the president. If the articles are not transmitted, Trump could legitimately say that he wasn’t truly impeached at all."

There you have it. If the articles are not sent President Trump has not been Impeached. Maybe that is why the President doesn't feel like he has been impeached.i

© Copyright 2019 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971748-Good-Reason-That-President-Trump-Doesnt-Feel-impeached