*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971917-Wages-of-Sin
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2207307
G-G-Golly W-Wally! What's this thing right here do?
#971917 added December 23, 2019 at 10:45am
Restrictions: None
Wages of Sin
10:46 am
As a Born Again Christian, one of the dilemma I've been having is how to resist the sins of the flesh... the ones I've always enjoyed so much... the ones that feel so good. The ones so easily assessable over the internet. You know the ones of which I speak. Of course I know "The wages of sin are death," but what does that really mean? It occurred (or was revealed) to me that maybe it means something more than my soul being condemned because of it. I know that's pretty bad but it doesn't really effect anyone else but me and I've always been able to put myself last. Even knowing that Christ was tortured and was killed because of my sin wasn't much better of a deterrent. After all he was the sacrificial lamb and was born to die in my place. What if the wages of sin are death meant that when we sin, people die because of it. Maybe strangers, someone we know, but someone somewhere down the line actually lose their life because of each and every sin that I cannot resist. When I admire the shape of a young girls behind, someone dies because of it. When I make three trips to a buffet table, someone dies. When I curse someone who frustrates me, when I skip church, or when I speak ill of my deceased father the result is that there is death that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't sinned. Even if it's just a possibility, isn't it worth the mind set to be delivered from temptation?

© Copyright 2019 Rhychus (UN: rhychus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhychus has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/971917-Wages-of-Sin