*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972290-So-I-Saw-Rise-of-Skywalker
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2118335
My blog of half-important thoughts and consistent communication practice.
#972290 added December 31, 2019 at 12:55am
Restrictions: None
So I Saw Rise of Skywalker
Hello there,


         So being the completionist that I am, I just finished watching Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker, and that has got to be the most expensive fanfiction I have ever seen. I'm not even upset or disappointed; I'm almost amused at the mess presented to us. I mean if I paid someone fifty-three cents to rip off as much Star Wars material as possible and put it all in a single script, I would give that person an extra four and a half cents for not including space whales.


         There's just not much here that is original, or interesting, or creative. For as much as I dislike The Last Jedi, I have to admit that it was creative and better shot than Rise of Skywalker. I think I would have honestly had more fun laughing at a pirated copy at home than in the theatre. I just don't know what's worse right now The Last Jedi, Rise of Skywalker, or Attack of the Clones.


         The Phantom Menace is definitely better. To quote my sister, "Fight me!" We can set up times and do a round or two in Destiny or Stellaris. Or throw down old school in Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. Lately, I have been thinking about LotR:BfME, but currently I'm a country mile off-topic... DM me.


         Coming out of the movie me and my brother both agreed that this just doesn't have much regard for the art of world-building and character motivation... actually it just doesn't have much regard for the art of storytelling in general, but it does concern itself quite a bit with damage control from tLJ and wrapping everything up. I just can't be mad at it, but I cannot recommend this sequel trilogy to anyone who hasn't watched past Return of the Jedi.


         Part of me wants to just dissect all nine films because I think it would be an interesting case study of the good, the bad, the stylish, and the substance.


         I don't know what this is. It's not a review, it's barely an opinion. Chalk the whole thing up to it being too late at night with a bad cup of instant coffee (instant regret).


Deus Vult Gratia,


KS

© Copyright 2019 KnightScribe (UN: knight_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KnightScribe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972290-So-I-Saw-Rise-of-Skywalker