*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972312-Looking-Forward-to-a-New-Decade
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#972312 added December 31, 2019 at 4:41pm
Restrictions: None
Looking Forward to a New Decade.
Fiḍál (Grace), 1 Sharaf (Honor) 176 B.E. - Monday, December 31, 2019

GROUP
Blogging Circle of Friends   (E)
A group for WDC bloggers.
#1901868 by Lyn's a sly fox

DAY 2601: I am looking forward to the next decade because ...

I am looking forward to the next decade because, which actually begins in 2021, because it is the centenary of the Ascension of 'Abdu'l-Baha. 'Abdu'l-Baha, the eldest son of Baha'u'llah and His wife Ásíyyih Khánum. 'Abdu'l-Baha1 was born on May 23, 1844 in Tehran. In his early years, 'Abdu'l-Baha spent his life in luxury and living between the family's home in Tehran and country estate. After Baha'u'llah declared his faith in the Bab, 'Abdu'l-Baha and the rest of the family were persecuted and exiled from Iran. Eventually the were sent to the prison city of Akka. After 40 years in prison, 'Abdu'l-Baha was freed as a results of the Young Turks Rebellion.

"abdu'l-Baha travel to Europe in August 2011 and after visiting several cities there including Paris and London. After leaving Europe, he sailed for America arriving in New York on April 11, 1912. While in America he made a tour of the country from the Atlantic to the Pacific, and even visited a part of Canada.

Prayer for America2

"O Thou kind Lord! This gathering is turning to Thee. These hearts are radiant with Thy love. These minds and spirits are exhilarated by the message of Thy glad-tidings. O God! Let this American democracy become glorious in spiritual degrees even as it has aspired to material degrees, and render this just government victorious. Confirm this revered nation to upraise the standard of the oneness of humanity, to promulgate the Most Great Peace, to become thereby most glorious and praiseworthy among all the nations of the world. O God! This American nation is worthy of Thy favors and is deserving of Thy mercy. Make it precious and near to Thee through Thy bounty and bestowal."
‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Footnotes
1  https://bahaichronicles.org/abdul-baha-abbas/
2  http://www.bahaiprayers.org/america.htm


© Copyright 2019 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972312-Looking-Forward-to-a-New-Decade