*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972441-Heres-To-a-New-Year-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2118335
My blog of half-important thoughts and consistent communication practice.
#972441 added January 2, 2020 at 1:34am
Restrictions: None
Here's To a New Year: 2020!
Hello there,


         To say that there is a lot I am looking forward to in the new year would be an understatement of the highest order. I have simply never felt so much like a chapter of my life was ending, and a new one was about to unfold before me. Not since graduating high school anyway. I'm ready for a major change and a lot of it.


         And there isn't a better time to start than now.


         Usually, I look at the clock and decide that it is to late to do much of a hygienic routine, but this time I said, "Screw it, I'm still awake, and I want to be a man." So I shaved and brushed my teeth, and for the first time in a while, I'm going to bed feeling happy. It's such a small thing, but I haven't felt happy going to be in I don't know how long.


         Some where along the way I bought a lie and have thought of myself as not worth the effort, but if there has been one lesson that the Lord has been trying to drive into my head for the last few years is that: His grace is sufficient for me, and that makes me worth it. Jesus said, "Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets." The implicit understanding is that you want good for yourself and that you should then also extend that goodwill beyond yourself to, but that starts with you having proper care for yourself.


         God bless the new year and the new decade to come. May the love of God find you where ever you are. Here's to the future ahead of us all. Welcome 2020AD!


Deus Vult Gratia,


KS


P.S.


Here is a little music recommendation for you. I absolutely love Red; they always seem to have a song the suits my mood no matter what my mood is. This particular song is a favourite of mine. I can literally listen to it at any time and on repeat for days at a time. My family was so happy when I finally got my own set of headphones. *Jamming*



© Copyright 2020 KnightScribe (UN: knight_scribe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KnightScribe has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972441-Heres-To-a-New-Year-2020