*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972481-My-Morning-Writing-Adventure
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#972481 added January 2, 2020 at 2:10pm
Restrictions: None
My Morning Writing Adventure
The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron. A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity.
I came across this book, a few weeks ago. It’s the 25th anniversary edition. I know she’s touched many hundreds of people, some are writers.  She calls it a support kit for artists. It has a central premise—we are all creative—and with the use of a few simple tools, we can all become more creative.
SO . . .Using her 12 week outline, I set it up for myself as a workshop that requires I get up at 4am EVERY MORNING, to write 3 pages.

Now this is not writing stories or your next chapter, it’s self confronting SELF and the writing is open and free. You have to read about how to do that (or confront the moment you can not.) Then there is what she calls Time Travel, which is recalling stuff from childhood, school, college, military, and on into your whole life, I guess. I’ve remember stuff from when I was maybe 2 years old. And I will write about some of those moments/episodes. But the writing . . . every morning I’ve done it, finishing the third week on Saturday.

Years ago, I did morning writing that was like channeling. And this began to feel very similar. You can’t judge, direct, guess to make it logical. You write what flows into your hand with the least amount of that other part of your mind getting in the way. Hard to explain, but with practice the door opens and stuff flows onto the paper.

When I finish, I cannot remember anything. It’s like how dreams quickly fade. I’m not allowed to re-read anything for about eight weeks or longer. I only did 6 days the first week and wrote 18 pages. The second week I wrote 22 pages, and this week with two days to go, already wrote 20 pages as of this morning. From what I’ve read of the reviews of writers, they say it changed their life and some have been doing Morning Writing for years as a discipline and mind clearing. I think it’s like meditation but more active. In meditation you mind goes all over the place and reducing all that chatter is very difficult for most folks.

What’s happened is that it’s put me into a different state of mind. I’ve assembled Willow into one book file. And have began the formatting and line by line edit that has to happen. This means that all the WDC codes are gone and I’m back into the hated Microsoft formatting and clearing of all extra codes. Which means very soon I’ll be taking the Willow copy off WYRM forum and my portfolio. I’ve started a new Short Stories Folder that re-worked stuff is going up as I work through it. So that’s where I am on this second day of the 20’s.  And that’s my artist’s way.

      >>>iggy

© Copyright 2020 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972481-My-Morning-Writing-Adventure