*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972673-War-Looms-Trumps-Insane-Assassination-of-Qassem-Soleimani
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#972673 added January 4, 2020 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
War Looms: Trump's Insane Assassination of Qassem Soleimani
War Looms: Trump's Insane Assassination of Qassem Soleimani
4.january.2020.


I responded to Joey:

"The thing is... Iranians do not have the same point-of-view as Americans or DJT. Putin, who isn't stupid, most probably realized that it was win-win for him to divide Americans last election. And that has proved to be true. DJT however, by boldly assassinating a popular general, has unified the Iranians against him specifically, against the US military in general (and hopefully not against the American people). Traditionally Iranians get things done by going directly to the Top, none of this "talk to my secretary" bullshit. So, although there are many options, one that the US should be aware of is a tit-for-tat strike against a prominent military or political figure, if they are smarter than we are, one that isn't particularly popular and/or one that has expressed hatred for everything Iranian or who has the expertise to blunt their efforts. Since I've never known anyone remotely close to their inner-circle I have little good advice to offer. But... it seems that Pence and Pompeo should be looking around in all 7 directions at all times."


I also responded to Holly and Kim:

"That's what's annoying about war-mongers. They aren't necessarily at risk personally. In the Viet Nam era that meant [I was annoyed with] all pro-war women... who were never at risk to the draft like I was. I haven't forgotten. It's why I still oppose my having to kill people I have no quarrel with."


Also... the Americans may now be divided between war-mongers and peace-keepers as War Looms. Those of us who remember Viet Nam do not look back to that era fondly. And those of who objected to the "collateral damage" propaganda of Bush are not amused. That Obama continued this is a stain on his presidency, imho. So no... don't think that Trump in his arrogance had the support of Congress (whom he decided to not inform) nor the American people to draw us into a conflict.

And the fact that I know more about Iran than 90% of Americans frightens me to the core.
608

© Copyright 2020 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972673-War-Looms-Trumps-Insane-Assassination-of-Qassem-Soleimani