*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972951-Siblings-would-have-been-nice
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1718540
Day to day stuff....a memoir without order.
#972951 added January 8, 2020 at 10:21am
Restrictions: None
Siblings would have been nice
Share a story from your childhood when you did something you weren’t supposed to. Did you get caught?


I wasn't a prankster and was too shy to misbehave very much, scared of the consequences. And of course I was an only child so I had no ready victims at hand. The only things I can remember that got me into trouble were mocking the rooster, talking too much in school when I was supposed to be studying, and going home with a girlfriend once instead of riding the school bus home without permission, leaving my mom in the dark about where I was. I don't ever remember being spanked, but I did get a good talking to several times, once for opening the door to a salesman and inviting him in when I was home alone. My mom raised the roof on that one. I guess I was lonely and wanted the company, and I was very lucky that nothing happened. The talks did the trick with me since I guess I'm overly sensitive and they hurt my feelings.

I enjoyed reading the pranks of other bloggers and wish I had had siblings, great fodder for stories. Thank you all for sharing.

© Copyright 2020 Happy 2024! (UN: biddle.connie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Happy 2024! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/972951-Siblings-would-have-been-nice