*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973443-Dimitri-Greetings
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#973443 added January 15, 2020 at 8:38am
Restrictions: None
Dimitri Greetings
Good Morning Peeps.

Trying to pretend that I"m awake and coherent is the task I'm undertaking today. The coffee has not yet kicked in and my sinuses are still stuck to the roof of my brain making breathing difficult. Not whining mind you, just mentioning that this blog may be as foggy as I feel. It is kind of fitting,as I look out the window, for the fog outside is dense and deep.So the earth's coffee has not kicked in yet either. Searching for a topic of interest to write about was difficult but my dog helped me. His name is Dimitri and he is an 80 lb Labrador-German Shepard mix. Big dog that he is, makes it very easy to know that he is in the room.He began doing this strange deed about three months ago. We wake about six thirty each morning. My husband has a routine for letting the dogs out to do their business. They go one at a time and he spends several minutes with each dog. Dimitri is first in line. i pour my coffee and sit for a few moments at the computer trying to rouse.Here is where the fun part comes in! Dimitri has a whole good morning conversation with me. And there is no way that you can ignore his boisterous and loud attention/ In the clearest, best voice he can muster he "Scooby Doo" whines his greeting at me. This ritual lasts about fifteen minutes. If I reach for my coffee, he noses my arm to refocus my interest in him. He moans, bellows, and groans like he hasn't seen me in months. It is a loving reunion of immense proportion and quite comical to behold. He had my son laughing so hard this morning, I thought he would split a gut. I truly need to film this occurrence soon but my dog is camera shy and always stops doing the cute things when a phone comes out. But this amount of love directed at me definitely makes the morning bright.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973443-Dimitri-Greetings