*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973733-Unexpected-Joy-from-the-Ordinary
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#973733 added January 19, 2020 at 5:52pm
Restrictions: None
Unexpected Joy from the Ordinary
30 Day Blogging Challenge

PROMPT January 19th
Write about something ordinary that brought you unexpected joy.


For family birthdays, Mom mother started a tradition of giving flowers to her mother as a kind of 'thank you' for having her. I have continued with the tradition. This year my mother asked for no flowers as she said she didn't want to do the work of having to cut them off or put them in water. No problem, I thought.... so I went and bought her a plant instead. No cutting or replacing the water needed. Just some easy watering... and putting the plant up at night so the cat won't eat them. The plant I got her is tulips. They will bloom and grow and then when they are done we can plant the bulbs in the fall for them to come up next spring. I was pleased that I honoured her request, but still got her something pretty... and something we can enjoy next spring as well.

© Copyright 2020 ๐Ÿ’™ Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
๐Ÿ’™ Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/973733-Unexpected-Joy-from-the-Ordinary