*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974143
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2208434
Most entries are going to be E rated but some may go beyond that.
#974143 added January 25, 2020 at 2:07am
Restrictions: None
Snow
Clouds build. Not a moment to waste. The cold air settles in. Winter is here. One thing is on the forecast; a blizzard is coming. Snow is expected to fill the ground the next day. I walk to the window and open up the curtains to see if it has arrived yet. The weather channel rattles on about the drop in the temperature and how much snow accumulation is expected to receive.

One flurry comes falling. I watch as it angles in the air by the harsh wind blowing. The forecast of heavy snow soon to come I suspect. Another flurry appears just as I lost the sight of the first flurry. Once it hit the window it turns into a drop of water. Soon more came at a quicker rate and I recall the storm is just beginning.

A knock on the door caught my attention so I walk over and open it. My sister comes crawling in shivering from the cold. Not a word to be said as she walks over to the fireplace. Just as I walk to the door I notice the screen door flapping wildly in the wind. Reaching out I caught the screen door and slam it shut in time for the burst of wind to hit me.

Not a word needs to be said as I close the front door. Chills ran down my spine as the blast hit me in the face. Walking over to the fireplace, I add more ashes within. Packed up in a thick, warm coat my sister seems to be okay. Once again, I check outside only to find a thick sheet of white, fluffy flakes falling from the sky. The snow has come, already started, and here I haven't salted the front sidewalk and driveway yet. Grabbing a coat and bundling up I took out the salt and opened the door. The windblast in my face even despite bundling up. Facing my fear I went outside and start dumping the salt onto the stairs and sidewalk.

Morning came I woke up with a thud near my bedroom window. Rushing to see what the matter is I opened the curtain and peered out. Piles of snow fills my yard so deep I wonder if it'd be possible to exit. Then I went to the guest room and motion for her to come look. Following sleepily, she follows me over to the large window in the living room. Pulling back the curtains we both watch as we see doom. This is just the first day of the blizzard; snow keeps on falling from the sky. Another day and we'll be trapped with nowhere to go until the snow clears away.

Length: 453 words
Form: No dialogue with prompt of snow
Contest: "No Dialogue Contest-CLOSED

© Copyright 2020 Angelica- House Florent B & W (UN: dragonfish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angelica- House Florent B & W has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974143