*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974221-Day-26-of-the-30-day-blogging-challenge-The-real-deal
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#974221 added January 26, 2020 at 2:33am
Restrictions: None
Day 26 of the 30 day blogging challenge. The real deal
Every morning at six am I walk to my neighbour’s house. We usually walk towards each other for about fifty metres until close enough to call a greeting. We’re off for our usual early morning walk, the thing is, although we’ve been doing this for quite a few years, I find myself checking her out and before we’ve broached the space between us I already know certain things about her, mood etc. simply by what she’s wearing or her body language.
This got me to wondering what she actually thinks about me, maybe her thoughts go something like this:
Here she comes, wearing her leggings. At her age! You’d think she’d dress more age appropriately.

Hard to subjectivity look at myself and state how I think I appear to others. Do we see what we want or wish we could see? We all have a self image, which probably doesn’t match up to how others see us, much like when we hear our voices on a recording for the first time, it sounds nothing like ourselves to our ears.

As a woman of a certain age, I tend to avert my gaze in the mirror from the parts I don’t like, new wrinkles and blemishes. However, I think people in general look past outward appearances and see the real person within.
I hope people I interact with see the real me, which is a kind person, empathetic with a ready smile. But someone who has a sense of self preservation, which means I suppose I don’t like to be taken advantage of.





Frog in a Hanging Basket




© Copyright 2020 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974221-Day-26-of-the-30-day-blogging-challenge-The-real-deal