*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974558-Id-rather
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#974558 added January 30, 2020 at 1:19pm
Restrictions: None
I'd rather...
Prompt: Do you like living in 2020 or do you wish you would have lived in 1920?

-----

To tell the truth, it is not the time or era but it is the place that gets to me. If I were to find another planet or livable place that is much better than planet earth, where kindness and unity are the top priority for all inhabitants and not the fake assumptions such as status and wealth, I would be out of here in a blink.

But dreaming aside, as much as the 1920s were fun, I know what happened then and what followed that decade, like the Great Depression and World War II. At least, with 2020, I don’t know what the year will bring.

This goes along the lines of my reading habits. If I were to pick up a fictional book to read, I wouldn’t want to know what exactly happened in it. In fact, I don’t read a novel twice. Where’s the fun and excitement in something you already know about?



© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974558-Id-rather