*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974650-Chapter-Three-A-good-day-to-die
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #2211147
A girl has given up on dating, until one guy changes her mind...
#974650 added February 1, 2020 at 12:13am
Restrictions: None
Chapter Three: A good day to die
Chapter Three: A good day to die


Maria leans in with her anger fueled question- "Excuse me?" Kevin and Amy grab a seat for the show...
"I suppose you want me to lick that calf again," Jackie says putting his hat back on- "But I aint. I thank yall, but Im fixing to hit the bricks"...
"SPEAK ENGLISH!" Maria snarls under her breath. He walks up to her, and looks her square in the eye: "Sorry for the trouble, Miss. Ill call a cab." He nods at everyone, and walks out the bowling alley. Maria sits on the stool FUMING- "No he didnt just...I call b******t, Amy." As they speak, a cab pulls up, and Jackie gets in...
The cab drives off...
Maria and Amy stare at each other in disbelief, as Kevin shakes his head walking off to a pool table. "He REALLY just did that, Amy?!"
"Yea, Maria...WOW." Maria lights over to Kevin- "Whats his number?!" Kevin grinning, pulls out his phone searches for the number, then hands the phone to Maria. Jackie answers: "When you play nice Maria, I aint got a problem seeing you again." Maria looks puzzled- "Howd you know it was me?!" She hears him laughing, "cause a guy wouldnt call after an incident like that." Maria begins to turn red- "WERE are you?!" She can hear Jackie give driving instructions to the cab driver- "Its that house right there, Suh...Home now, hon...I figure I got to go, Im sor"...Maria yells, "I SAID, WERE ARE YOU?!" Jackie whistles in a shocked way- "You bout as hot as the hinges on the gates of h*ll aint it? Why?"
Then Jackie hears through her gritted teeth: "Cause Im coming for my apology"..."Riiiggght," he taunts..."Its 1327 Sycamore Lane"...Then, he hangs up...

I dont think I have EVER seen her THIS mad...But then again, I just met her also...Im writing as you read it...

Maria looks at Kevin- "Give me your keys. This boy has lost his mind."
"Like...Really? Are you REALLY going over there? Amy pulls his arm and smiles: "Give them to her"...

She pulls up to his house as he sits on the hood of a 1969 Chevelle, drinking iced tea out of a mason jar- "Well, I'll be"...
"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!"
He hops off the hood, and hands the jar to her- "Jackie...We met"...He walks over to the porch, and pours another jar of iced tea, then exchanges with her- "I aint expect you to actually show up...Youd shoot craps with the devil himself," he says laughing. "No"...She says breaking from her anger, and blinking back tears- "Who do you think you are"..."Oh, sweetheart," he says grabbing and hugging her, "Im sorry...You gave me such a dang hard time, I aint mean nothing by it... I aint think you liked me at all." She breaks free, checking her eyes for tears- " I dont. But thats how I am when Im nervous." He leans against the car, and asks: "Well, when you aint nervous, how are you?" She laughs a little- "Im actually nice...Whose car?" "Mine," he says proudly...Still tinkering...Just needs some body work, a paint job, and some other stuff...Shes beautiful, aint she?" Maria walks around the car, running her finger along the side..."Yea...She is." Jackie walks to refill his iced tea, as Maria starts to unwind enough to sip hers- "Ooh," as she sips- "This is perfect... Its JUST sweet enough...(Like you)," she says under her breath...
He didnt hear it though...
"The key aint a pound of sugar," he tops off her jar, "you boil water and sugar on the stove to a simple syrup...Gets folk everytime." He opens the door to the car, and gets in- Maria questions getting in...She KNOWS this could lead to nothing good. The LAST thing she wants, is a deep conversation...
The FIRST thing he wants...Is a deep conversation...She gets in, and scoots in toward him- "Look. I KNOW what youre doing- The good cop, bad cop routine...The push and pull...You were a JERK earlier, now you try to soften me up with this genuine act. Its not going to work." He shakes his head- "How LONG you done did this? This ACT you doing?" Kevins cellphone rings, and JUST in time to save Maria from a deep conversation...Maria laughs, "Oof, I still got his cellphone!" She answers- "Maria...Um...Are you coming back soon with my phone, and my CAR? (To be continued...)


© Copyright 2020 Bride A. Livewire (UN: iambride at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bride A. Livewire has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/974650-Chapter-Three-A-good-day-to-die