*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975363-Fact-or-Fiction-Blogging--Challenge-Day-3---Money
Rated: 18+ · Book · Spiritual · #2170111
This blog contains responses to blog prompts, & thoughts on spiritual or religious themes
#975363 added February 12, 2020 at 1:50pm
Restrictions: None
Fact or Fiction Blogging Challenge: Day 3 - Money
ʻIdál (Justice), 6 Mulk (Dominion) 176 B.E. - Wednesday, February 12, 2020

5 DAY TRUTH or FICTION BLOGGING CHALLENGE
Blog Prompt for Day 3 - Everyone has a story to tell, so... What did you do with the money?

What did I do with the money?
I didn't do anything funny!

Contrary to popular or unpopular opinion, money isn't the root of all evil. It is a tool. Like any other tool it should be used either wisely or frivolously, depending on whether one is a penny pincher or a spend thrift. I know from experience that being a penny pincher is just as big a pain in the backside as being a spend thrift. The one advantage of being a spend thrift is that you have everything you wanted or thought you wanted except financial security in your old age. The main advantages of being a penny pincher is that you have financial security in your old age and money to leave your children or to give to your favorite charity when you die.

What did I do with the money?
I didn't spend it on my honey!

The truth is I don't know what I did with the money; I do know that I have one hell-of-a good time while the money lasted. Fortunately, I'm not homeless, yet. There are times during the month, close to the end of the month, when I suspect I could be homeless. I'm walking a very thin line, while attempting to live on Social Security--which about the middle of the month--becomes an oxymoron.

What did I do with the money?
I could have spent it on my honey!

I know I spent some of it on myself. However, thinking back over the decades, I realize I could have had a lot more fun if I had pinched a few more pennies. Of course, you have to be careful pinching pennies because the little buggers can pinch back. It's too late now to should on myself, I have to move on and survive the best I can. I can survive with the assistance of family, friends, and government assistance; and without the assistance of ex-lovers. I don't need to get involved with any of the guys I knew when I was younger, because they're just going to want me to support them again.


© Copyright 2020 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975363-Fact-or-Fiction-Blogging--Challenge-Day-3---Money