*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975966-And-We-Danced
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#975966 added February 20, 2020 at 3:11pm
Restrictions: None
And We Danced
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | DAY 10

"And We Danced" by The Hooters




First, can we take a moment to appreciate the full 80s-ness of this video? Feathered/permed hair, a drive-in, a car with a trunk that only opens with a key... this video is an amazing time capsule of things that existed thirty years ago.

I thought I was pretty well versed in the rock bands of the 80s, but I have to admit that I had never even heard of this band, much less any of their songs, before I stumbled across this track late last year on a streaming radio station. Not only was I surprised to discover a great song I hadn't heard before, but I was even more shocked to find that the band, formed in 1980, is still performing. I almost used a video of one of their live performances from 2016, but frontmen Eric Bazilian and Rob Hyman are looking a little old these days and the tepid call-and-response of the smallish, mostly elderly crowd was kind of sad... so I decided to show them in all their 80s glory. *Smile*

This song was the first single off their second album, and their first major hit, although it peaked at #21 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, so maybe the fact that it was outside the Top 20 nearly 30 years has something to do with why I didn't discover it until now. *Think* Still, I'm glad I found it because this is one of the songs that I've had in constant rotation on my "Current" playlist for several months, mostly because it's a fun, upbeat song that I really enjoy blasting on the way home when I get tired of podcasts and audiobooks.

© Copyright 2020 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/975966-And-We-Danced