*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976053-Cut-To-The-Feeling
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#976053 added February 21, 2020 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
Cut To The Feeling
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | DAY 14

"Cut To The Feeling" by Carly Rae Jepsen




If you had asked me to bet money on whether Carly Rae Jepsen, of 2012's "Call Me Maybe" (and the resulting video by the Team USA swimmers at the Beijing Olympics) fame would still be relevant almost a decade later, I would have bet against it. But she proved me wrong when she came up with another bonafide hit in "I Really Like You" in 2015, and this song from 2017. I discovered this song on the soundtrack to Leap! (called Ballerina in its native France), a surprisingly good animated movie about an orphan girl who dreams of dancing at the famed Paris Opera Ballet. This song was written for the soundtrack (Jepsen also voiced a character in the film), and released as a single to promote the film's stateside release. While the song didn't exactly set the charts on fire, it did appear on "Best Songs of 2017" lists by Billboard, The Guardian, Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, and Vanity Fair. *Shock*

If you get a chance, watch Leap! and experience this song in the medium it was created for. I believe the film is currently on Netflix and it truly was a surprising animated movie. Not perfect by any means, but really, really enjoyable. It's definitely worth a watch, and this song is definitely worth a listen. It's one of the better pure pop songs I've heard in the past few years.

© Copyright 2020 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976053-Cut-To-The-Feeling