*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976199-Chapter-Seven-Trouble-this-way-comes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #2211147
A girl has given up on dating, until one guy changes her mind...
#976199 added February 24, 2020 at 1:01am
Restrictions: None
Chapter Seven: Trouble this way comes
Chapter Seven: Trouble this way comes

Ain't nothing up this late, but trouble...
Marias phone rings in the middle of the night...
The numbers blocked, of course...

"Boy, I KNOW it's you," she answers trying to play down her excitement- "What do you mean calling me in the middle of the night? I thought you were a gentleman"...Jackie laughs...

This boy is ONERY...

"Baby if I WASNT a gentleman, I'd be laying next to you right now...I need to see you, I cant sleep...All I want is to be around you." Maria quietly gasps for breath, as her heart flutters: "W-What? Why? I'm trying to tell you Jackie, I ain't nothing special." Jackie clearly shows his uninterest in her answer: " You aint see what I see, and I ain't appreciate you speaking for me...Well?"
Maria is having a hard time understanding what's going on...But she likes it...
"Youre trouble"...
"I am," he replies-

There's an awkward, romantic silence on the phone...To were they can hear each other breathing...

"Were do you want me, Jackie?"
"At the gas station up the street, Maria."

Maria stops to think for a second...

"How do you know I live by a gas station?" She asks concerned. Jackie shakes his head on the other end, rolling his eyes- "Girl, Kevin is my boy...He had to drop something off to Amy one time, and I was in the car."

Maria is now putting on clothes...

"So you NEVER saw me...Not ONE time?"
"Naw," he answers- "Wish to high heaven I did."

Shes trying to do SOMETHING with her hair...

"And...You know were I live, huh?"
"Yea," he says-

Maria looks down the hallway at Amys door to see if she can see light under it- "Come over," she whispers.
"No," he quickly answers..."It aint fitting. It aint a good idea, Maria... Things happen."

From writer: Watch it Maria...

"What do you think will happen, Jackie?"
"Something I ain't allow, Maria. I REALLY like you, and I ain't need nothing fouling that up."

Marias impressed...

"I didn't mean my bedroom, Jackie...I'll come outside. COME OVER. Call me when you get close."

"H*ll yea, I will"...

He parks up the street and calls-
She answers: "Were are you? I don't see your car."
He laughs: "Girl, I got a big block engine, and duals on this thing...I'll wake the whole dang neighborhood! Ill park up the street and walk down."

Jackie gets to the house and sees Maria in her bedroom window- She motions him to come and be quiet. She opens the window, and he helps her out...

She wraps her arms around his neck, as he holds her by the waist- They both smile, and stare at each other...

"Hi Jackie," she giggles...
"Hey Maria," he grins...

Maria stands on the tip of her toes, and kisses Jackie on the cheek...He kisses her back on the cheek and holds her tight...
"So, like, what ARE we?" Maria says in his chest-
He answers in her ear: "Whatever you want us to be, as long as Im with you."

Those times when you just want to be honest, and say how you feel...The emotions are true enough, but its too soon to be falling
out of orbit- Marias been down this road before, and she considers it best to keep quiet...

But we all know Jackie...
Hes as quiet as a rumor...

"Maria?"
"Yea," she answers-
"How I get you to be my girl?"
She releases him, and climbs back through her window-
She returns with his hat, and puts it on him...
"You ask, baby"...
"Okay," he says fumbling around- "Maria, I like you something serious, and I was wondering"...

SHE KISSES HIM, AND STOPS HIM FROM BREATHING...

"Yes, Ill be your girl. I was your girl earlier today," she laughs quietly-
"Baby, I have to go...She turns and heads toward her window-
Jackie then remembers something: "Hey...Ill call you unblocked so you get my number down."
"Go ahead," she says...But I like when you come by- "Good night, baby"...
"Good night, Maria"...
"Goooood niiiiight, Jackie"...Amy says sing songy from Marias window smiling-

"Oh no," Maria says blushing as Amy helps her back into her bedroom...(To be continued...)




© Copyright 2020 Bride A. Livewire (UN: iambride at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bride A. Livewire has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976199-Chapter-Seven-Trouble-this-way-comes