*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976570-Girls-Like-You
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(119)
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1399999
My primary Writing.com blog.
#976570 added February 28, 2020 at 5:31pm
Restrictions: None
Girls Like You
"The Soundtrack of Your Life | DAY 18

"Girls Like You" by Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B




Maroon 5 is one of those bands I really want to hate, but I also have to begrudgingly admit has catchy songs. Most Maroon 5 songs are perfectly okay, if not particularly memorable, but every once in a while they'll release one that I just can't stop listening to. That's definitely the case with this song, off their sixth studio album, Red Pill Blues from 2017. The song spent 33 weeks in the Billboard Hot 100 Top 10, tying "Shape of You" by Ed Sheeran and "Sunflower" by Post Malone and Swae Lee (and also one of my SOYL picks this year) for the longest Top 10 run in the chart's archives.

I do have to laugh about the fact that the song was negatively received by critics, with Vice's Shad D'Souza calling it "god awful" and describing it as an example of "horrid, weird, marshmallow-soft songs sung by dudes pining after a ‘good girl’ who will finally fix all of their problems through the power of love." Ouch! I guess Maroon 5 will have to console themselves with the fact that it reached number one in twelve different countries, and set a number of chart records in the process. *Think*

© Copyright 2020 Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk (UN: jeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976570-Girls-Like-You