*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977216-Science-Jobs-Open-to-Females
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#977216 added March 5, 2020 at 12:16pm
Restrictions: None
Science Jobs Open to Females
Write about a recent success. *Ha* Yours or someone else’s - your choice!

signature dancing owl


Success Everywhere


In 2020 success is literally everywhere.

An article published March 2, 2020 talks about the need for more women in the EU to be encouraged to take up jobs in the Scientific front. EQUAL-IST is an EU funded project looking at reasons why there are only a 13 per cent involvement of women in science related work. The article gives voice to the need for gender equality and the use of women's minds in fields that are open to new ideas and abilities.

You can read the full article here:https://ec.europa.eu/research/infocentre/article_en.cfm?&artid=51905&caller=FP

I found articles about how waste byproducts are being used to make chemicals, make vineyards hardy against disease, protect fish farming from disease in livestock and pollution in tanks, help buildings to be more energy efficient, blade-less alternatives to wind turbines, developing vaccines to protect livestock from disease and parasites, and so many others I could not read them all.

Articles relating to the above subjects and how different teams are researching the answers to these questions are from: https://ec.europa.eu/info/index_en. These articles are specifically related to the EU and researchers involved in selected countries. If I keep looking I'm sure I will find more countries involved. Last year I read an article about a team of researchers working in Israel to solve the problem of waste. Their innovative ideas were being put into practical use in other countries as well. In the USA a group of people have built a plant that turns plastic water bottles and milk jugs into a viable house insulation.

We hear about the devastation constantly but successes in these fields will hold out a helping hand to every country as 2020 and beyond works for the good of the earth and humans that live here.

Maybe this isn't what you expected but when it comes to success. There is a lot out there we don't hear about on a regular basis.

To all these researchers I say:

Merit Badge in Job Well Done
[Click For More Info]

Congrats for the most creative entry about the Iditarod! Norb and Lyn

© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977216-Science-Jobs-Open-to-Females