*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977425-Wisdom-Is
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#977425 added March 7, 2020 at 2:41pm
Restrictions: None
Wisdom Is
What does wisdom mean to you? Give an example.


Owl with signature


WISDOM*DropW*


It means applying knowledge, experience, and proper judgement to everyday actions.

Quote: “The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.”
Isaac Asimov https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/wisdom.

Knowledge and experience make us aware of living conditions we need everyday to exist. Proper judgement in actions help us proceed with life in an energetic, straight path bringing us in line with what ever circumstances we are living through. Wisdom will incorporate knowledge, experience, and mental insights into daily circumstances.

The Woman's Bible is a two-part non-fiction book, written by Elizabeth Cady Stanton and a committee of 26 women, published in 1895 and 1898 to challenge the traditional position of religious orthodoxy that woman should be subservient to man. (From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Many women tried to separate the suffrage movement from this book. It attacks males with a form of avenging wrath.

I've read some chapters of The Women's Bible. At first I was astonished at the onesidedness of the writing. Taken in the context, that it attacks the churches stance on women's subservience to man, it makes sense. But, scripture is not the cause of masculine religious orthodoxy. The efficiency of male aggression is documented throughout humanities historical ages. Without female input, you would have a far different history.

For instance, in the Proverbs of Solomon, wisdom is called by the pronoun, she. Chapter 1:20,21 say: Wisdom crieth aloud in the street; She uttereth her voice in the broad places; She crieth in the chief place of concourse; At the entrance of the gates, in the city, she uttereth her words.

Solomon is considered a very wise man and king yet he gives voice in many of Proverbs writings to listening to the feminine voice for words of guidance in life.

When I was in College they had a special section called Women's studies. Yesterday I wrote about a UK group that has been formed to find ways to encourage women to join science majors. Having studied some beginning biology I know the major sciences are worried, that without female input, science is missing out on a large section of voice within research, that is impeding societies movement forward into a more peaceful and fulfilling existence.

Life isn't one sided it's how an individual looks at it that makes it that way. That's the way I see it. Who said, "walk softly and carry a big stick?"

*Laugh* It wasn't the subject that got to me it was finding an example that made me dump all this on you,

Wisdom is, that thing you did, that made you know you did something right.




© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977425-Wisdom-Is