*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977777-Old-Patience
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#977777 added March 11, 2020 at 11:16am
Restrictions: None
Old Patience
Do you consider yourself a patient person? How easy or difficult is it for you to wait for something? Does a delayed reward feel more or less satisfying than an immediate reward?

Fairy playing a flute *Cat*


PATIENCE


I'm not sure if what I do is patience?

Definition from Google:noun
noun: patience:
" the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset."

Quote:

Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself.

Saint Francis de Sales ( https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/saint_francis_de_sales_193306)


It just depends on the situation. Most of the time I don't get upset quickly. Sometimes I vent, loudly. Lately, I don't have much patience because people are meddling in my private life now. It's unfortunate but, I believe Keith pushes friends to help him when he wants to do something he should not. That leaves me out on a limb swaying in the breeze. No one to call, no one to tell, no one to stand with me or give helpful advice. Just me. However, this relationship is over 40 years in the making. So, I think one day at a time will suffice.

We get phone calls almost daily asking us to just press one or just press two. Sometimes they are hang up calls filled with silence, even if you answer. (we have a home phone) Last week someone called here and said I put my name on a website that said I needed better health insurance. When I told him I have good health insurance and was not interested and I did not put my name on any websites, he hung up. The same person called back and told me my name was on the list from the health website he represented and I should just press one to remove it or I could go to the website (which he did not name) and remove it if I did not want them to continue to call me. Or they would just continue to call regularly. He put this on the answering machine because I would not pick up on the call.

This week someone called when I was in the barn catching up the barn cleaning since the weather turned better and the snow disappeared. Anyway, this person was from New York and talked to Keith. He told Keith he could get him $10,000 worth of free life insurance. (Keith knows we have life Insurance but, we get constant calls from people selling life insurance.) So, Keith makes an appointment for this man to come to the house? I was not patient and I'm not sorry. I yelled. Keith called some number and supposedly canceled the appointment. The guy showed up anyway, wearing blue jeans with a shirt tail half out, said his son had his phone and deleted the messages. Tried to get info out of Keith about finances. Went back to his car, 100 yd to the road and sat there for about 20 minutes before he left. Big fancy black sedan of some sort.

Keith laughs about this kind of thing. Keith takes 4 or 5 kinds of meds. He has High blood pressure, sugar diabetes, takes something for his stomach and recently went on a thyroid med. Am I patient? Yes! And still, I pray for the Lord to keep me calm in the face of stupidity. *Laugh* I work hard to keep us financially solvent and clean living. (right now the floors on the main floor need vacuumed.)

We are aging so we are targets. Unfortunately, I wish we could delete the house phone. But, Keith's mother worked for the telephone company for years so he is loyal to the phone plus, I think he likes the excitement that is generated from the calls. Now he has Facebook.???

In the 90's some girls called here and were leaving messages on the phone that they were going to kill me? Called the police and turned the message tape over to them. Then we had to pay the phone company and the state police to tap the phone. Police caught two teenage girls but would not charge them because they said it would ruin their lives to have a record for threatening phone calls. ???? So, no I won't call the police any more. I just hang up the phone. One week it was pretty bad so when Keith drove off to his job I unplugged the phone. It was so quiet and peaceful I forgot to plug it back in. Finally a few days later Keith figured out I unplugged the phone and plugged it back in. *Laugh* Am I patient? I yell sometimes but, he really isn't a poor little misused child. He is a man who thought a woman who could handle 1500 pound horses was going to be a push over in life.

Aging isn't fun and if you have an ongoing illness it is even worse than just getting up in the morning and knowing you have to keep up calisthenics and yoga to maintain health. I want to listen to the morning birds and feed the pony. He wants to know if this is the day his health will finally fail or if there is a way back into good health without working at it. Life to me is just interesting. So, my patience will extend as far as I can make it and then it won't be there any more. I wait for things all the time. But, I get things I need or maybe I can live without them. Rewards are nice no matter when they show up.

I wrote this as if I was telling it to friends. It isn't a complaint just facts of everyday existence. In all my years of reading I only read one book that specifically described what it is like to age into the 70's and 80's. Write-On.






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977777-Old-Patience