*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977980-Gathering-Sticks-Outside-The-Camp
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #2179217
Walking In The Love Of The Lord; Casting All My Cares On Him!
#977980 added March 13, 2020 at 11:49am
Restrictions: None
Gathering Sticks Outside The Camp

Friday, March 13, 2020 8:20 a.m.

I was standing at the kitchen window looking out on our patio as the dawn broke. The overcast sky, gray and dark, tried to hide the fact the sun was on the horizon, but at 7:28 a.m., just as a wise and just forecaster had predicted, I am, at 7:28 on Friday the 13th, looking out my window at the first light of day. How cunning of all my kitchen clocks to alert me to the fact that the forecasters were correct in their prediction. I am seldom at my coffee maker at this moment. Today it was important to notice the time of day and the weather that had crept in overnight.

I would rather see the first rays of light, golden and bright, but today our view of life will be colored by the visit of some turbulence from the Pacific and the Canadian coasts.

I have my coffee, sturdy and robust, with which a sip elevates my powers to be alert. I have been glancing over my scripture readings for the day and I am glad in my heart as my fingers ease into the work of praying and meditating on the Word of God.


First of all to the law. The law was originally set for the people of Israel but they were not always able to adhere to the precepts given to them by God and Moses. Like most mankind, they were trained up to live by their own judgement and whatever seemed right to them they did.

One day a lad decided to go out into the wilderness and gather sticks.

Numbers 15:32
32 While the people of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron and to all the congregation. 34 They put him in custody, because it had not been made clear what should be done to him. 35 And the LORD said to Moses, “The man shall be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 And all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him to death with stones, as the LORD commanded Moses.


It was suddenly clear on that day that though there would be sacrifices for sin in all of its various shades and colors, there were some sins that would not be tolerated. At the time not all the camp of Israel was made up of only Jews. There was among the Israelites those who were referred to as "sojourners." Moses made it clear to all the camp that the law applied to all of those who were with them, Jew and non-Jew. In the Courts of Heaven, one life taken to demonstrate the seriousness of the law was justice and deemed the supreme right of the Creator of all things.

As I meditate on who God is, I know of little that is known by me that can even come close to what God knows. While the law was a new task master replacing the old task masters the Israelites bowed to in Egypt, the Maker of the Law knew all things about the outward appearance of both the keepers and the breakers of the law. Even more important to those who lived their lives for the sake of appearance, He knew the inner heart of everyone now coming under the power and authority of His law. While outwardly a sin may seem a small infraction by a court made by human law, God knows the heart. He knows those whose attitude towards the law and the High Courts of Heaven is rancid and infectious.

Through Christ Jesus, the price for the sins of the world has been paid, both for the Jew and for the ones who in this life sojourn with them, which is in reality, everybody. Just as the one gathering sticks on the Sabbath disobeyed a commandment of the Lord, we all daily break the laws of God. Some lawlessness is dealt with immediately in the Courts of Heaven and the sojourners in this world of darkness and sin are shocked, alarmed and outraged. But all sin will be dealt with, either on this side of death or on the other. Only the saving belief in God the Son, Jesus, the Holy Lamb of God, can one be saved from the punishment of sin. He paid the price that can bring deliverance. Only pray to God and ask Him to save you as it is written in

John 1:12


(12) But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, (13) who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

(14) And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.


My prayer in this meditation is that today would be the day of salvation for all of those who have been seeking the Lord. Trust in the Lord and be saved, our God says in His word. Revive us in our search for more of You O Lord.

May those who have found a Savior in Christ Jesus, be heartened by the love that is our perpetual shield against the works of darkness. May the hope of salvation and all of God's promises He gives to those who believe in Him, be yours today. Amen.

Psalm 18:25-28

With the merciful You (God Almighty) show Yourself merciful;
with the blameless man You show Yourself blameless;
26 with the purified You show Yourself pure;
and with the crooked You make Yourself seem tortuous.
27 For You save a humble people,
but the haughty eyes you bring down.
28 For it is You who light my lamp;


*Music2*~Kenword~*Music2* *Mugr*

 
         Signature For IWG         Merit Badge in Inspirational W G
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your new "Inspirational ~W~G~" merit badge for your group,  [Link To Item #1990737] ! Thank you for supporting the Writing.Com community with your inspirations, participation and activities. We appreciate it! -SMs
*Music2**Music1**Music2* *Music2**Music1**Music2*
 
♫~ Kenword~♫
 
(101@100513)_(101x2@030614)__________
 (YCM_@122313)





© Copyright 2020 ♫~ Kenword~♫ (UN: kenword101 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
♫~ Kenword~♫ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977980-Gathering-Sticks-Outside-The-Camp