*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978384-Day-17--Lucky-Irish-Stuff
Rated: E · Book · Contest Entry · #2214585
Finally! I've got something to write about besides my self-pity!
#978384 added March 17, 2020 at 4:05pm
Restrictions: None
Day 17- Lucky Irish Stuff?
Is success a result of luck, or hard work? Neither? Both? Read this article and share your thoughts. https://jamesclear.com/luck-vs-hard-work

Wow. This is a super philosophical prompt, hats off to you, Emily.

As I was reading the article, the thoughts that entered my mind were kind of in alignment with what I perceived to be the message of the article- success is measured by both. I think success can be attributed to more than just the two, but some may argue it's the same thing.

For instance, I think desperation can motivate success as well but some would say that desperation motivates hard work which motivates success. The only reason I question this is because we may already be lucky and that can facilitate success, we just don't know it because we don't realize we're lucky, or we don't think we can be successful even if we know we're lucky. I guess that's mentioned in the article too though.

No matter how you slice it, maybe it really does just come down to the dichotomy. I agree with the idea that in the end, it takes both to achieve success. Some may consider themselves lucky just to be alive and their appreciation of this leads to hard work. No one wants to squander their gifts, it's just sometimes people don't believe they have them. Some don't believe we're actually pretty lucky to be alive, regardless of the circumstances.

Every time I read a book about holocaust survivors or people who have undergone similar nightmares only to achieve some sort of enlightenment while in the middle of it and come out on the other side better for it somehow, that point is chiseled in my mind.

I think even if we did have the option of an ovarian lottery, over time it wouldn't matter anyway. Whatever station we found ourselves in, we'd have less control than we thought it would give us. Things change, and the more that humans are involved in any capacity, the faster they change. Its chaos and order, good and evil, love and hate, all that nonsense- the line between them is often blurred for a reason.

-TPB

© Copyright 2020 trailerpark bodhisattva (UN: lollycrow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
trailerpark bodhisattva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978384-Day-17--Lucky-Irish-Stuff