*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978704-March-21----Hunkered-Down
by Tinker
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2206515
BiMonthly blog challenge accepted with an occasional jaunt to the Banana Bar Challenge.
#978704 added March 21, 2020 at 11:07am
Restrictions: None
March 21 Hunkered Down
PROMPT March 21st


I'm beginning to get into the groove of "shelter at home" and have worked 2 full days via remote access. Not much in the scheme of things, but I can report that in this horrible pandemic that has us all scrambling to protect ourselves and protect those around us, I've enjoyed working from home.

Admittedly, it is has provided me with some technical problems that after much frustration I worked out. But after the initial rush of phone calls that began the beginning of the week, the calls have slowed considerably. The system doesn't allow me to answer the phone directly. Clients are instructed in my greeting message to leave a message and I will call back. Consequently, I've been able to devote all of my attention to each caller without interruption and in the downtimes, I can go outside, work in the garden a little then come back in and take another caller. All of my clients were taken care of in a timely manner, I got a load of laundry done and spread some mulch in my garden. Quite a productive day and I didn't feel the fatigue I often feel after a day in the office.

hunkered at home
helping others
happily
         ~~jvg



© Copyright 2020 Tinker (UN: tinker1111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tinker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978704-March-21----Hunkered-Down